Photo

Maps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

foxbat

foxbat

• 3 posts

What happened to My Routes map? It's in blue and white and displays all routes. I don't have the option of displaying routes from individual hubs or in color like the alliance map.

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

it was always like that

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

There are as far as I know three different services used for route maps; Google, OpenStreetMap, and Great Circe Mapper; the default for airline route maps and the one used for alliance maps is Google (and it's this style that has the toggle buttons for different hubs and color terrain) while OpenStreetMap is always used for route maps on airport pages (and on airline summaries). However you can also in settings change the route map style... Between OpenStreetMap and Great Circle Mapper, with no option for the otherwise default Google style, and, from testing it just now, since changes to the settings can only be saved all at once and not individually for each setting if you touch the settings page at all you can now only use one of the other two styles with no way AFAIK to get back to the default. (Incidentally I first noticed this by checking to see what the options on the settings page did on a Taiwanese airline, and the OpenStreetMap style is also centered on the prime meridian and can't scroll infinitely, so it can't properly display the route map of any airline that crosses the Pacific). It's set per airline and not per account but unless there's something I'm missing you won't have any way of changing it back on whatever airline you have the issue with.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

There are as far as I know three different services used for route maps; Google, OpenStreetMap, and Great Circe Mapper; the default for airline route maps and the one used for alliance maps is Google (and it's this style that has the toggle buttons for different hubs and color terrain) while OpenStreetMap is always used for route maps on airport pages (and on airline summaries). However you can also in settings change the route map style... Between OpenStreetMap and Great Circle Mapper, with no option for the otherwise default Google style, and, from testing it just now, since changes to the settings can only be saved all at once and not individually for each setting if you touch the settings page at all you can now only use one of the other two styles with no way AFAIK to get back to the default. (Incidentally I first noticed this by checking to see what the options on the settings page did on a Taiwanese airline, and the OpenStreetMap style is also centered on the prime meridian and can't scroll infinitely, so it can't properly display the route map of any airline that crosses the Pacific). It's set per airline and not per account but unless there's something I'm missing you won't have any way of changing it back on whatever airline you have the issue with.

This is correct. Once you touch the airline settings page, you won’t be able to use the Google Maps style on that airline.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

This is correct. Once you touch the airline settings page, you won’t be able to use the Google Maps style on that airline.

Spot on.

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

Will the Google Maps style be implemented on the route map and the map on the airline details page?

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

Will the Google Maps style be implemented on the route map and the map on the airline details page?

I doubt it. AFAIK there is a cost for Google Maps but not for OSM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users