OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

As the title says, is it worth it?

Ashcreek115

Ashcreek115

AE Player

• 26 posts

If you can fill it, yeah. 
747-400D is decent option for Calgary-TOronto or other routes where the range of a 747 isn't super necessary. But as the "D" in its name suggests, its for domestic flights. You shouldn't really be trying to use in on (Say) transatlantic flights.

G00SE

G00SE

• 7 posts

I had an airline that was exclusively max capacity 747-400D's one time operating out of the busiest hubs in the US towards anywhere they could land in North America. I'm sure plenty of people hated me when I did that but it was worth the laugh. Ultimately, It's great for High Density routes as longs as you're not crossing oceans with it. It's Cheap compared to all the others, and holds plenty of people (Though for everyone's sakes, maybe do more than just max economy seating), plus it has a comically short runway requirement that can park it just about anywhere you'd want to fly (I believe it can even do KSNA). Have a small supply and put it as the flagship for your best transcon flights.

Driftwood

Driftwood

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

User's Awards

It became the main workhorse for my big domestic routes(and some shorter international) on the only game I ever completed. So I'd say it's worth the price, depending on the size of your airline and where in the timeline for that world.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

If you fly dense domestic and/or short haul routes, and don't need other 747s, yes. Otherwise go for the -400.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users