Multiple Stop Flights

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

YourLocalNoob

YourLocalNoob

Avgeek with way too much time

• 50 posts

One thing I've noticed while playing AE is that when scheduling flights, you can only make direct flights between cities, and you aren't allowed to make a route Via another city.

For a simulation trying to be extremely realistic, this doesn't make sense at all as airlines make passengers go through other cities to connect to flights all the time.

It would be a very simple mechanic. While you are setting up routes, there would be a button to either:

1. Add a city in between the destination. (ABC---*GHI*---DEF)

2. Extend some flights from the destination city. (ABC-DEF-----*GHI*)

3. Offer connecting services (Basically if you are outside your home country you could operate 1 route out of that city as if it was your home country, but it must use the same plane and correspond with the original flight's schedules, and you can't offer any other flights outside of that airport unless they are to your home country or as another connecting flight from the original) (ABC-DEF-DEF-JKL)

If you were to set up a multi-stop flight, you would select a certain number of flights or create some flights, and it would be like setting up a route normally (Check if the plane could make it, the demand for that stopover, etc.)

It would appear like:

120583: ABC-DEF

508376: ABC-DEF Via GHI

It would take more working hours, and services on the route would cost more.

You can only set up about 3-5 Stops between destinations.

Let me know your opinions or suggestions below!

Federal Republic of Freeland

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 208 posts

User's Awards

i like this a lot

there would be a button...

however, this button i think should be replaced by an extra tab in the add new routes tab, so there are three or maybe four.

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

This would be interesting. I think the best option would be an “Add Stopover” button to the route page where you can add a stopover to the route, simulating a connecting flight. This would also allow for a range increase (through refueling) and fifth freedom flights.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 208 posts

User's Awards

This would be interesting. I think the best option would be an “Add Stopover” button to the route page where you can add a stopover to the route, simulating a connecting flight. This would also allow for a range increase (through refueling) and fifth freedom flights.

actually once you phrase it like that i like the button idea lmao

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users