Photo

What is good about a hub?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SunWaterIce

SunWaterIce

• 9 posts

I don't get why a hub would be nice. Once you have a hub then gate prices increase and you have to pay for all the crew on the land as well. I currently have an airline that has 6 gates at Lima and I was thinking about opening a hub. Based on what I read on the hub page, it doesn't seem worth it. However I see so many other airlines that have hubs. What is so good about a hub and should I open one?

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

I don't get why a hub would be nice. Once you have a hub then gate prices increase and you have to pay for all the crew on the land as well. I currently have an airline that has 6 gates at Lima and I was thinking about opening a hub. Based on what I read on the hub page, it doesn't seem worth it. However I see so many other airlines that have hubs. What is so good about a hub and should I open one?

Hubs give you connecting passengers which fill otherwise empty seats and can connect through to your alliance. Hubs also increase the maximum number of gates you can lease without building a terminal. 

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

SunWaterIce

SunWaterIce

• 9 posts

Thanks so much! I will build a hub at Lima!

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Connecting passengers only pay half of the price of a ticket. So if the ticket on a route cost $500, then you only get $250.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users