• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

In an attempt to improve my overall rating I have been switching to smaller aircraft with increased frequency. Consequently I have noticed some odd results whereby routes with higher frequency are getting lower ratings than some with fewer.

The screenshot below shows the frequency and rating for some of my routes. SYD-WLG with 40x flights per week has a rating of 72% whereas BNE-AKL, with 65x flights, is only rated at 69%.

It is not a distance thing (the routes are 1384 and 1425 miles respectively).
It is not a matter of international vs domestic because there are both with odd results.
It is not something specific to the routes because since collating the data I have improved ratings by using smaller aircraft + more flights in some cases and larger+fewer for others.

This is in R5 and I have not yet had chance to check in other worlds but I think the same will occur.

Has anyone else noticed this?

YYgJ3Rc.png

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

It's sad to see how dead this game is when no one seems to be interested in discussing mechanics. I for one find it rather interesting although I don't have much to contribute as I don't go for reputation.

qRn0iGD.png

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

More weirdness. 

It is not just frequencies in the range 43-65 that get an amber rating (as reported in the OP and shown in the red box below) between 30 and 56 adding flights causes the rating to fall, which is obviously counterintuitive (this group is in the blue box below).

kGDkDtO.png

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

Are you using the same IFS on these routes? Are you using different seating configs?

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

aoumd

aoumd

AE Player

• 94 posts

User's Awards

7    3    2    2    2   

I've noticed this too!  Weird.  And it causes me to try to aim for 30-35 RTs per week on routes when I am aiming to have a good reputation on a route.  Thanks for graphing so many permutations and laying it out so well!

My guess is that the programmers thought that 4-5 flights per day would be "good" for most airline routes, but then there are some routes where flights run a nearly hourly or half hourly schedule (think Southwest between DAL and HOU) and these special rotes would be the ultimate in frequency...so I can understand the curve having diminishing returns between 28 and 70 flights per day, but I do not understand the actual regression.

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

Are you using the same IFS on these routes? Are you using different seating configs?

Yes and Yes

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

I've noticed this too!  Weird.  And it causes me to try to aim for 30-35 RTs per week on routes when I am aiming to have a good reputation on a route.  Thanks for graphing so many permutations and laying it out so well!

My guess is that the programmers thought that 4-5 flights per day would be "good" for most airline routes, but then there are some routes where flights run a nearly hourly or half hourly schedule (think Southwest between DAL and HOU) and these special rotes would be the ultimate in frequency...so I can understand the curve having diminishing returns between 28 and 70 flights per day, but I do not understand the actual regression.

I wondered whether it is something like that, but the decline between 30x and 55x doesn't quite match (in my mind). Of course, it could be the intention but the code doesn't quite deliver what they expected.

In RL distance influences my view of whether frequency is good, or not. For one project I traveled AMS-SIN once a month, on Singapore Airlines' daily service, and the rest of the time AMS-LGW, on easyJet which (pre-Covid) had 5 or 6 flights per day. Once a day to Singapore was fine, but I would not have been happy if there was only 1x to Gatwick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users