Photo

Political Restrictions in Tunisia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SunWaterIce

SunWaterIce

• 9 posts

Hello, I am new here and I was trying to do flights from Tunisia (specifically Tunis) but when I tried to add flights. There was a political restriction. For some reason the only city which I could find a flight to was in Iceland. Why are there so many political restrictions in Tunisia. Currently Tunisia does not have many political restrictions. This was also in Sandbox.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

Tunisia should only be restricted from Israel, are you sure the aircraft range and runway lengths are enough?

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Arianka

Arianka

AE Winner

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   
Your airline is based in Europe, meaning you have fifth freedom flights from and to European countries alone. If you wanna fly from every country, you should join "No political restrictions" worlds like S4C and O1 or O2.

SunWaterIce

SunWaterIce

• 9 posts

Your airline is based in Europe, meaning you have fifth freedom flights from and to European countries alone. If you wanna fly from every country, you should join "No political restrictions" worlds like S4C and O1 or O2.

I'm confused. Iceland is part of Europe, why is it letting me fly to Tunisia then? Is it because my airline's hub is in Iceland?

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

I'm confused. Iceland is part of Europe, why is it letting me fly to Tunisia then? Is it because my airline's hub is in Iceland?

After 2000 you can fly from/to all EU countries if you’re based in any country in the EU. So you can fly from an EU country to a non-EU country, but not from a non-EU country to a non-EU country.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

SunWaterIce

SunWaterIce

• 9 posts

After 2000 you can fly from/to all EU countries if you’re based in any country in the EU. So you can fly from an EU country to a non-EU country, but not from a non-EU country to a non-EU country.

But I tried to do a flight where it was from Talinn to Tunisia and it said there was political restrictions.

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

Slight mistake: You can fly between any two EU countries without having to start at your home country, b

But I tried to do a flight where it was from Talinn to Tunisia and it said there was political restrictions.

See above.

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

Your airline is based in Iceland, am I right?
Therefore, you can only do flights to/from Iceland.

After the year 2000, you can start doing flights to/from other countries in the EU, but ONLY if the airports you are flying between is PART of the EU.
As Tunisia is NOT part of the EU, you can ONLY fly from Iceland to Tunisia, and NOT from other countries in the EU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users