What happened to passenger demand?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

I remembered ATL-ORD being the busiest route in the game (triple digit FC demand). Now it has less than half of that. I know that demand increases over time but surely it can’t be that low?

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

Demand is now based on real world passenger demand, this was updated almost a year ago

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

That’s terrible.

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   
Lol no, it's very beneficial on certain routes.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Overall, demand seems to be decreased but there are certain routes that have become a lot larger. There’s a route in Asia with over 7000 demand but I forgot where it is.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

Overall, demand seems to be decreased but there are certain routes that have become a lot larger. There’s a route in Asia with over 7000 demand but I forgot where it is.

Some domestic routes in Japan have 10000+ demand IIRC

image.png

Jeb

Jeb

sänk you for travelling with se deutsche bahn (More than 180 Mi

• 74 posts

User's Awards

4    2    9    5   

Some domestic routes in Japan have 10000+ demand IIRC

I can´t wait until you see GMP-CJU with it´s 20K demand.

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

Looks like all the routes in Europe/NA are broken, while Asian routes have been getting insane amounts of demand.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

This is terrible. In 2020, HND-CTS had 12,498,468 passengers a year which should be 34,242 a day. I'm only getting 9,843 a day! XD

Source: https://www.oag.com/...32-ec7825bd0d91

qRn0iGD.png

Jeb

Jeb

• 74 posts

User's Awards

4    2    9    5   

This is terrible. In 2020, HND-CTS had 12,498,468 passengers a year which should be 34,242 a day. I'm only getting 9,843 a day! XD

Source: https://www.oag.com/...32-ec7825bd0d91

Please not.

First the game would be quite challenged with calculating routes, the players will have either spend much money to fill the demand or god beware give some away to the competitor without competition which is of course unacceptable.^^

But jokes aside as Yuxi did already pointed out when this new feature was rolled out (http://www.airline-e...to-ae/?p=286851) it´s mainly the work of our Viero fella here which is quite impressive.

So it isn´t that terrible imo, but certainly it could need more people to collect the datas for 20000+ routes from 1950-202x.

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

I can´t wait until you see GMP-CJU with it´s 20K demand.

As the guy who managed ROK Air in S4B, I found that extremely odd when set against the much lower demand for ICN-CJU. Plenty of other domestic airports in South Korea also have higher demand from CJU and/or GMP than from ICN.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Double post, please delete

qRn0iGD.png

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

GMP is the regional airport while the vast majority of international routes were moved to ICN. The high domestic demand from GMP is definitely realistic, and GMP-CJU was the busiest domestic route in the world in 2019.

Please not.

First the game would be quite challenged with calculating routes, the players will have either spend much money to fill the demand or god beware give some away to the competitor without competition which is of course unacceptable.^^

But jokes aside as Yuxi did already pointed out when this new feature was rolled out (http://www.airline-e...to-ae/?p=286851) it´s mainly the work of our Viero fella here which is quite impressive.

So it isn´t that terrible imo, but certainly it could need more people to collect the datas for 20000+ routes from 1950-202x.

b-but this is actualy legitimate and realistic spamlining! :grouphug:

qRn0iGD.png

Jeb

Jeb

• 74 posts

User's Awards

4    2    9    5   

As the guy who managed ROK Air in S4B, I found that extremely odd when set against the much lower demand for ICN-CJU. Plenty of other domestic airports in South Korea also have higher demand from CJU and/or GMP than from ICN.

Well if you look onto the geography of GMP and ICN you will see that this structure makes sense and is somewhat comparable with LGA and JFK.

GMP lays in the western end of Seoul only 15 KM from city centre while Incheon lays in the west of the city of Incheon and is 60 KM away from Seoul city centre for which you by AREX train at least needs a half hour to get from Seoul centre to Incheon airport.

So it´s more convenient to use GMP as the mainstay for domestic and short haul international service (Osaka, Beijing, Taipei f.e.) while Incheon can be used as the gate to the wide world for South Korea and were the domestic services are only playing the role of the typical feeder service.

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Talking of, is there going to be a reset any time soon? I'm waiting to get a new airline started...

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Talking of, is there going to be a reset any time soon? I'm waiting to get a new airline started...

S4B, S4E, R0, R5, and R& are ending right about now.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

S4B, S4E, R0, R5, and R& are ending right about now.

S4B is 8 years into overtime already...

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

difference between should end and actually ending is big in this case. maybe devs on break?

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

i am hoping for a reset too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users