Photo

Best starting country??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

what is the best starting country? (i say qatar)

Chief Executive and Founder of Worldwide Alliance
msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

kellykeli

kellykeli

trumpet go doot

• 99 posts

User's Awards

2    2       2      

If you can start early game and expand fast, the US is never a bad choice.

Just avoid the "primary" hubs and focus on the secondary ones; you will never truly get control over JFK/LAX/etc. unless you are really desperate and sink a lot of time into the game. Secondary hubs like CLT, PHL, SAN, etc. are really easy to snatch early game.

B757-200 best plane you can't change my mind

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

Japan, China, India, EU

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

If you can start early game and expand fast, the US is never a bad choice.

Just avoid the "primary" hubs and focus on the secondary ones; you will never truly get control over JFK/LAX/etc. unless you are really desperate and sink a lot of time into the game. Secondary hubs like CLT, PHL, SAN, etc. are really easy to snatch early game.

I mostly agree. It’s best to start in a secondary hub like SLC, MSP, IAH are the three I usually go for but you can easily get control of the main markets rather quickly once you have expanded your secondary hub to the point where the expensive gate costs at these hubs don’t matter. For example, I am the number one airline at ATL, LAX, MCO, ORD, and several other mega airports in R7 and I have not really sunk much time into it.

And yes the US is always the best choice, really it’s only rival in terms of the huge amount of demand and mega airports is China and *maybe* the EU after 2000, but the EU restriction only lets you do domestic flights.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

kellykeli

kellykeli

trumpet go doot

• 99 posts

User's Awards

2    2       2      

I mostly agree. It’s best to start in a secondary hub like SLC, MSP, IAH are the three I usually go for but you can easily get control of the main markets rather quickly once you have expanded your secondary hub to the point where the expensive gate costs at these hubs don’t matter. For example, I am the number one airline at ATL, LAX, MCO, ORD, and several other mega airports in R7 and I have not really sunk much time into it.

And yes the US is always the best choice, really it’s only rival in terms of the huge amount of demand and mega airports is China and *maybe* the EU after 2000, but the EU restriction only lets you do domestic flights.

I never found it worth competing with others at LAX, ATL, etc. Instead I usually just get 100% control over most of the secondary hubs, i.e. flights from Philly to MiddleOfNowhereVille, USA. 

Maybe I just hate competition lol I never found it worth putting planes on a route where they may earn 40% of normal revenue when I could distribute them over 3 routes with no demand.

Maybe I should start exploring expanding into LAX lol

B757-200 best plane you can't change my mind

that-plane-guy

that-plane-guy

Planespotter and Avgeek

• 109 posts

india , uae

Edison

Edison

• 1 posts

maybe because I've only tried two countries so far, but canada is reallly good. People usually overlook YYZ, YUL, YOW, YVR, YEC and more big canadian cities. These are usually ignored by other players, so high demand routes like YVR-YYZ (2500 Y class) YYZ- YOW (1700 Y class) LHR-YYZ (2000 Y class) YUL-CDG (2300 Y class) are real money makers.you have all the big american cities within 737 range, and your more eastern cities can reach europe in 737 classics.

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

China, India, Qatar, UAE, US (if you gain a strong foothold in mid-sized cities early like said above), EU (particularly after 2000).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users