• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ed.constantin

ed.constantin

get.scammed

• 7 posts

User's Awards

4       2   

I`ve heard before about people complaining about huge airlines practicing dumping prices in order to get you to foreclose your company and win that airport, but this never happened to me. Until, after 3 years of playing this game I finally decided to start an airline in the US. Started from Ted Stevens and the airline was meant to be a small Alaskan airline with max reputation (3-star IFS / 5-star IFE; min 16flight/week; above average salaries, and max 8 years old planes type of airline). Nothing happened for +- 20-30 years of activity, I even managed to earn a $500mil profit until somebody came and dropped the prices to 35-75% of the market price, making that route unoperable with 50-70 K losses.

I also tried to start operate from Seattle and Portland - copying the model of real world Alaska Airlines in order to make profit again but he then followed me on those airports practicing the same dumping practices.

I know this game is sadly dead, but can`t this be banned somehow? I don`t mind the competition, but a $73,909,001,501 airliner being able to operate 3 airports on loss just to foreclose a $845,681,992 one, seems pretty much illegal irl as well.

Attached Files

• Attached File  egg.pdf   216.97KB   49 downloads

AndyB

AndyB

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

User's Awards

It's just like the real world with the state owned ME3 airlines

ed.constantin

ed.constantin

get.scammed

• 7 posts

User's Awards

4       2   

So we`re supposed to just accept this: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing? :))

Don Baker

Don Baker

AE Player

• 36 posts

I think you did all that can be done to ban it. Surely, lowering prices is is an aspect of competition that can't be regulated. Venting your frustration in the use of such strategy may make the use of it unfashionable but I doubt it.   

Don Baker

Don Baker

AE Player

• 36 posts

I'm not seeing the issue.  If 177 seats at 419 a seat doesn't generate enough revenue to cover the cost, you might be flying too expensive seats.  

danieldarianaisb

danieldarianaisb

Focusrite CEO

• 59 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

There's nothing wrong with this - I don't get why you operate 177 seats in a 1000+ seat market and lower prices too to remain competitive?

Don Baker

Don Baker

AE Player

• 36 posts

Oh, maybe I had the players wrong. Yes, that was a question I had. If a player can just park a few seats and keep the price down.

Don Baker

Don Baker

AE Player

• 36 posts

That's another question I had. 177 seats on 1000+ seat market may be a fair share. Is it necessary to take the whole demand?

danieldarianaisb

danieldarianaisb

Focusrite CEO

• 59 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Why not? Airlines IRL can fly as much as they want if they have the slots and can take all the demand, price flights what they want...

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'm pretty sure, dumping practice is legal in real life. Many routes like Gimpo - Jeju, Jakarta - Surabaya, Delhi - Mumbai suffers from dumping.

yourick

yourick

Proffesional Bankrupter

• 22 posts

Same reasons as why spamliners & other very shady tactics aren't banned: They are simply allowed by the rules.

Would be a pleasure banning them all but it's probably a better idea to have a "realistic airline" world and a "shady tactics" world. No clue how that would happen but sure is a fun concept.

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

There's also a question of at what point do you demarcate legitimate competitive behaviour and spamlining. Bit difficult to come up with hard and fast rules about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users