BYOD Entertainment and Ancillary Fees

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

I know that there's probably never gonna be an update to this game, but I think it would be cool if BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) was added to the inflight entertainment. I suggest this only because more and more airlines are heading toward that, at least for domestic flying that is. This could also be a cheaper option for airlines trying to operate a LCC. 

Also in the realm of LCC and ULCC airlines, I think there needs to be a way to have ancillary fees for checked bags, carry-ons, seat selection, etc. These options would dramatically lower the rating, but also help you charge low prices on base fares and still make a profit. Right now the only ancillary fees that can be added are for food and entertainment. The only problem would be figuring out the variables on how many checked bags and carryon bags there would be as not every passenger has them. Though for simplicity, it could be that every pax has one checked bag and one carry-on. Also, for simplicity, it would have to be either no fee to select a seat or a fee to select a seat. I think it would be too difficult to code a mixture where some pax pay to select and others don't.

Edit: I would also suggest the ability to charge for WiFi, but not charge for the on demand music/video/flight tracker/etc. So you can have seat back on demand entertainment offered for free but wife costs like $10 or maybe you charge $5 for entertainment and $8 for WiFi

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

great idea don't let it go to your head

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

CyanAviation

CyanAviation

Airline Empires Fan

• 9 posts

We had an update just 3 days ago, so I'm sure stuff will hopefully continue to be added. This is a very good idea, so it should be added to the game.

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

great idea don't let it go to your head

We had an update just 3 days ago, so I'm sure stuff will hopefully continue to be added. This is a very good idea, so it should be added to the game.

Thanks! I honestly didn't even know there was an update lol  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users