Airlines Names

S1 S3C O2 R2 R3 R6 R7

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JetWorldFan21

JetWorldFan21

Fictional Airlines

• 16 posts
Hi guys, I created this topic in order to discuss airline names, either from the real world or from the fictional / virtual world.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts
Qantas means Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services; ANA means All Nippon Airways; Lufthansa means Air Hansa (?)(for the Hanseatic League), so yeah, all of these airlines names have something to do with their home countries.

Now, about Entaro: No.
The name itself might sound good, yes it's true, but as a Brazilian, I can say that this meaning is complete nonsense.
Em português bem claro: esse nome não funciona. Transporte Aéreo e Rotas? Não faz sentido léxico; se ao menos fosse Transporte de Rotas Aéreas, pelo faria um pouco mais de sentido, mas ainda assim seria muita redundância.

For me, it's a no

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Can't wait till this gets ignored :popcorn:

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'm gonna ignore this by writing lots of comment about how I'm gonna ignore this.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

Request: Add an "Ignore" button next to the "Follow This Topic" button.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

TrottingHeart

TrottingHeart

• 1 posts
Seriously though. How does one get original with an airline name? It's always either something-Air, or something-Avia, or something-Airlines. Or something-Jet, if you're a low cost carrier. Are there any interesting ones that broke the mold? And if no - how can one do it in a marketable way?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Seriously though. How does one get original with an airline name? It's always either something-Air, or something-Avia, or something-Airlines. Or something-Jet, if you're a low cost carrier. Are there any interesting ones that broke the mold? And if no - how can one do it in a marketable way?

Fat Ass American Airlines would be good.

ginervra the 737 MAX 8

ginervra the 737 MAX 8

Civilized Civilian

• 243 posts

I cant wait until you get ignored either

Someguy

Someguy

AE Addict To-Be

• 14 posts

you gotta have like a play on words. There's this one Airline that I saw with the name "MexiGo!" and it's probably the best name i've seen. 

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

you gotta have like a play on words. There's this one Airline that I saw with the name "MexiGo!" and it's probably the best name i've seen.

...which works better with LCCs than full service airlines.

Korladis

Korladis

AE Player

• 60 posts

There's no reason you have to use "air" instead of "sky." Or "air" in the language of whatever your airline's HQ is.

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

Real world examples:

British charter airline "Dan-air" got its name from it's owners Davis and Newton.

British charter/schedules airline Laker Airways was named after founder, Freddy Laker.

BEA's charter subsidiary was named BEA Airtours, when BEA and BOAC merged it became British Airtours. At the time my father was the Company Secretary at Airtours. That Christmas he built two Airfix 707 models that he painted in possible new liveries, one on each side so four in total, ready for a board meeting.

Jeb

Jeb

sänk you for travelling with se deutsche bahn (More than 180 Mi

• 74 posts

User's Awards

4    2    9    5   

Then i am the nerd who deignore it

Lufthansa means Air Hansa (?)(for the Hanseatic League)

This comes the truth quite near.

In the medival the german language was a lot different to todays (like the english one before the Normans, Angevins and Plantagenets) and there were diffrent kinds.
One was the "Althochdeutsche", a predecessor of todays "Hochdeutsch" which is the german that we all know, love and ridicule today.

In the medival there was also the Hanseatic League. I think that there are enough EUIV players who kinda know what it is.

The name Hanseatic derives from "Hansa", which is the althochdeutscher word for "Schar" which means in the modern german language group.

So to come to the conclusion, the name Lufthansa means basically "Luftgruppe" which means in english "Airgroup" which sounds very descriptive but boring or to put it more blantly very german.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S1, S3C, O2, R2, R3, R6, R7, Rα

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users