Photo

Maintenance Bases

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ChrisInSD

ChrisInSD

AE Player

• 26 posts

I operate a small fleet of DC-9s.  Because the MD-80 is part of the DC-9 "family" I expected these planes to share an MB cost with with the DC-9s.  Rather, I have two maintenance base costs coming through--one for the "Douglas" DC-9s and one for the "McDonnell Douglas" DC-9s.

Is this an oversight?  Or will I get hit with two charges as well for the Douglas DC-10 and the McDonnell Douglas MD-11, both "DC-10 Family" aircraft?

Thanks.

ChrisInSD

ChrisInSD

AE Player

• 26 posts

As an update, I am getting two charges as well for 767s.  One for "Boeing 757/767 (Base Cost)" and one for "Boeing 767 (Base Cost)"--the first appears to cover 767-200s, the second 767-300s.  These are the only models of the 757 or 767 that I operate. 

This is pretty stupid and makes it difficult to plan around fleet commonality if you never know when these charges appear.  In the past I've been hit with one A330/A340 MBC which covered every variant of the A330/340 I operated (and I had every one).  Same for the A320s.

RJM

RJM

AE Player

• 89 posts

User's Awards

12    5   

Maintenance costs are group as they are in the purchasing page. Real world is not a factor here. Similarly there are different base maintenance costs for all the different series of 737's (classics, next gen and max). 

RJM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users