• Veteran
  • 446 posts
Hi Guys,

Quick Announcement covering a few important points

• Version 3.0.1 Alpha
  • Alpha/Beta Testing Team
  • Data Manager

Version 3.0.1 Alpha
This is the current version of code. The V3 game code is not complete, however I estimate it to be around 45% Completed. The structure is forming and we have a very sturdy foundation and Backend to support the flash new front end of the website.

Alpha/Beta Testing Team
I have invited 3 members from the website to assist in Alpha/Beta testing the new version of code as i write it. We will NOTbe taking applications, this is an INVITE ONLY position. I Will be sending our Private Messages to Forum Members and Airlines invited more testers as the code progresses.

Data Manager
I'd like to officially announce 737MMA as the new Data Manager for Airline Empires. It will be his job to write all the information to be used by the players in the games. Aircraft Data, Airports, Countries etc etc. Contactable on data[at]airlineempires[dot]net.

Any queries with data IN THE NEW VERSION ONLY should be sent to him.

He has done some excellent work on his "Trip Time Calculator" which impressed me. I invited him onto the team. Miller has confirmed that he is happy with the choice and therefore we welcome him into the Fraternity... :D.

Thanks!

//TorqueWrench
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help"

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

Version 3.0.1 Alpha
This is the current version of code. The V3 game code is not complete, however I estimate it to be around 45% Completed. The structure is forming and we have a very sturdy foundation and Backend to support the flash new front end of the website.

Cool! Thank you for keeping us informed about the progress...! And it's good to hear V3 is indeed progressing. Keep up the good work!

Data Manager
I'd like to officially announce 737MMA as the new Data Manager for Airline Empires. It will be his job to write all the information to be used by the players in the games. Aircraft Data, Airports, Countries etc etc. Contactable on data[at]airlineempires[dot]net.

Congrats, 737MMA. All the best for your new position!

He has done some excellent work on his "Trip Time Calculator" which impressed me. I invited him onto the team. Miller has confirmed that he is happy with the choice and therefore we welcome him into the Fraternity... :D.

Yeah, the trip time calculator is an excellent tool (albeit with a few minor flaws, but nothing I can't cope with). Btw, I haven't heard a single word from Miller in recent times. Has he decided to leave player relations to others and concentrate on V3? Or what is he up to? Any way, I wish to express my gratitude for developing AE even to to its present point. I love it!

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts

Btw, I haven't heard a single word from Miller in recent times. Has he decided to leave player relations to others and concentrate on V3? Or what is he up to?

I'm sure miller will fill people in on this, but i'll quickly explain...

He's been writing a thesis for a number of months to complete his masters degree (Or some form of degree). He's recently just finished, however he is taking a few extra weeks to spend with his wife before he throws himself in at the deep end with V3. I met with him again on friday/saturday and we ensured we both understood where were were at and what was left to complete before we open the doors for V3.

My next meeting with him is in July. I'll make another update announcement then for everyone.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help"

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Thanks for the update, torque and nice to hear some positive news.

And nice to see 737MMA helping out. Im sure he will be 100% into it :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

I'm sure miller will fill people in on this, but i'll quickly explain...

He's been writing a thesis for a number of months to complete his masters degree (Or some form of degree). He's recently just finished, however he is taking a few extra weeks to spend with his wife before he throws himself in at the deep end with V3.

Good on him! For both, finishing his thesis and spending time with his wife! I know what that means. I have PhD to finish before the end of the year and a wife and two active little boys, too.......... Actually one of them is sitting on my lap as I write............:D

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
thanx for the update TW . Keep up the good work :D
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

gizgiz

gizgiz

Left AE for Better Games

• 269 posts
  • WLM ID:cheesyli@hotmail.com
Nice job so far, looking forward to whatever you're gonna get out here :D
Posted Image
Gizme Airways International, 2536

Posted Image
May the spirit of 3RA live on

HONG KONG WEATHER ALERTS:
None current and none forecast

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
Congrats 737MMA
Posted Image
"Hemisphere Airlines. See more. Do more."
ID #: 2570
===============
1 Airbus A319
2 Dash 8-Q400s
1 Saab 2000s
3 Beech 1900Ds

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts

Congrats 737MMA

Thanks, Dog, it's going to be a large task, but as was TTC, it'll be very rewarding!

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
Good Luck 737MMA. Any idea of which airports are going to be added (the larger ones)?
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
We're wading through a lot of data, mostly the aircraft right now. I think that with improved AC data, the pax loads out of the current cities wouldn't be bad at all, necessarily, so I've been focused of AC data.

737Capt

737Capt

• 19 posts
Is this Trip Time Calculator available somewhere?

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Do a search and you'll find it.
Aer Solas

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

We're wading through a lot of data, mostly the aircraft right now. I think that with improved AC data, the pax loads out of the current cities wouldn't be bad at all, necessarily, so I've been focused of AC data.

Always looking for improvement, although I think that the number of cities ends up being a much more limiting factor than the passenger load. This is a factor of the number of players. More people that you have places to put them.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

buduku83

buduku83

• 30 posts

Always looking for improvement, although I think that the number of cities ends up being a much more limiting factor than the passaenger load. This is a factor of the number of players. More people that you have to put them.

Yeah... I think exactly the same. There are a lot of high raffic airports in the world not included in the game, and I think this is making things really difficult for smaller airlines like mine...
Buduku83
CEO of European International Airlines

Posted Image

ID 11709
Played rounds: 3
Highest position ever: 36th (Current round)

Fleet before ceasing operations:
20 x Airbus A330-300 (11 available)
11 x Boeing B737-900 (11 available)
12 x Airbus A319-100 (12 available)
1 x Embraer ERJ 145ER (1 available)
13 x Saab 2000 (13 available)
3 x Beech 1900D (0 available)
On order: 3 x Airbus A330-300 (Will be for sale as well)

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
TTC V3 can be downloaded http://www.woodrow.p...lculator_V3.xls

It's not that I disagree that there should be more cities/better data, it's just not at the TOP of the list right now

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

TTC V3 can be downloaded http://www.woodrow.p...lculator_V3.xls

It's not that I disagree that there should be more cities/better data, it's just not at the TOP of the list right now

It's cool. As long as its ON the list
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

FSPilot

FSPilot

• 73 posts
Thanks for the update!
Posted Image
4 Q400s
2 EMB-195LRs
Service to 9 cities
:airplane
Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around...

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
No problem, all the AE staff, Miller and T-Dub included are all very committed to the program, and have a vested interest in keeping the community informed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users