Flight Lisbon Auckland

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cepp25

cepp25

• 9 posts

User's Awards

Hello everybody i need some help.

i would like fly to Auckland (i have a hub in Lisbon, Porto and faro). 

is it possible to fly to new zealand? if yes how can i do? I tried to open another hub in Athens but it won't allow me

is it possible to fly to new zealand? if yes how can i do? I tried to open another hub in Athens but it won't allow me

noah1964

noah1964

• 7 posts

User's Awards

Hi, unfortunatly there are no planes that can fly that distance...
The only way to fly from portugal to auckland is via Ponta Delgada (PDL) with a boeing 777-200LR but that route won't be profitable I thinks since the demand is very low and the plane can not operate with the full amount of passengers...
Good luck!

Cheapside

Cheapside

757phile

• 88 posts

You probably would have better chances with Lisbon to Sydney, but even that is over 11 thousand miles, about a thousand miles outside the range of the 777-200LR.  Demand would probably be low too (I've known this from the low demand even from Moscow to Sydney).  

jackarooneyroo

jackarooneyroo

A330-800neo

• 4 posts

User's Awards

I'm hubbed in Auckland on R6 and my answer is the 777-200LR. I have this plane running at 30% capacity from AKL to a handful of major cities in Europe, but every route makes a net loss of $250,000. Those distances just are not profitable. Max the range of the -200LR at full or slightly reduced capacity, and no further, as such long routes do not make enough to cover costs of fuel and gates. Hope this helps.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Hello everybody i need some help.

i would like fly to Auckland (i have a hub in Lisbon, Porto and faro). 

I changed the font size. next time, you dont need to make it bigger to get people to reply.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

The EU Open Skies agreement only allows you to run between other EU countries; it doesn't allow you to fly from another country to a destination outside the EU. Therefore if your HQ is in Portugal you're not allowed to fly Athens-Auckland.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users