to mods: This is a second thread on it, but since my first thread was more of a teaser that left some people confused on whether the game was out or not, I decided to start a new one. Feel free to remove/lock the other one.
What is AirSimWorld?
AirSimWorld is a game that has now been in the works for about 2 years, and is a free online airline tycoon type simulator with the aim of achieving ultimate realism. It allows you to manage aircraft configurations, schedules or even create custom classes of service.
It's finally here! The 0.2 update has arrived, although I wasnt able to finish everything I wanted to, most of the features are in and the rest will be implemented over the next few weeks as part of 0.2.x updates. With that said, here is the changelog:
AirSimWorld 0.2 Alpha:
- Optimizations of the backend, massive speed improvements over 0.1
- Some pages improved by as much as 6x the speed, most over double speed
- Gates, Gate Leases, Terminals
- All flights are now by default rent slots at airports, which charge per minute gate usage fees
- Airlines may lease gates for a monthly fee
- Terminals can be built for a modest fee
- Alliances able to share gates
- Alliances have logos/headers
- Airline-wide reputation (although the UI for that will be coming as part of 0.2.1)
- Airline reputation now impacts individual flight reputation
- Many more aspects are tracked for reputation, including employee morale and effectiveness, on time performance, maintenance record etc.
- Aircraft Loans and Leases (player to player leasing will be coming in 0.2.x)
- Staff Management
- Employee morale/effectiveness effects not just their own effectiveness, but effectiveness of their subordinates or other employees they interact with
- Different employees have a different effect on different aspects of your airline
- Map Night Mode
- Airline Logos/Headers
- Flight Research finance screen
- New UI on aircraft order page
- Aircraft Explorer
- Rankings page updated with sortable tables
- Most tables have been made mobile-friendly
- Some pages now have buttons at the top to make navigation easier
- Different seats are now able to have different reputation impacts beyond legroom/width (I'll work on adding additional seats later)
- IFS page now shows the prices of different options
- Ability to remove airline
- Its now impossible to delete configuration thats still in use
- Dark mode dropdowns fixed
- Aircraft that are out of cycles no longer fly
That should be most of the updates, but there is a bunch that I'm missing. You'll just have to explore to find the rest 😉
Start your airline today at https://airsim.world!
Now that 0.2 is out, I will be taking a week or so off from working on ASW, both because I've been working on it pretty non-stop for the last month and need a break, and to catch up on some IRL stuff. As such, dont expect any updates within the next week or so unless some major bugs come up. I will also be posting an updated thread about features you can expect to see coming up in 0.2.x, 0.3 and 0.4 updates soon.