Photo

Can't get any profit out of my airline, about to go bankrupt, and don't know what to do.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JohnnyBoythePilot

JohnnyBoythePilot

Building a fictional aviation empire with Rainier Aviation Group

• 15 posts

I can't seem to generate steady profit with my airline "Rainier Air" (Rδ world). I only have 2 planes in my fleet; a Raytheon Beechcraft 1900C and a Pilatus PC-12 (1900C is leased, PC-12 is owned), the only major airports I'm flying to are Portland Intl. (PDX) and Spokane Intl. (GEG), my routes in total profit $31,774, and all my planes' hours are used up & fully utilized on said routes. I also recently cut my employee's wages all to $7, since I saw that get suggested in another forum post about starting airlines. My IFS costs about $200 per flight and no passenger profit. Since I went negative a few days ago, I got a bond for $5 million, and then when I got close to negative again I got another $5 million bond.... and then I used up my last $5 million bond when I again went nearly negative. At this point I'm pretty sure the airline is about to fail as it's at $3 million, and if I can't pay my aircraft leasing fees, the Beech 1900C, my money maker, gets confiscated (and I can't buy it right now), and since I also won't be able to pay my bonds, the whole airline will get liquidated and file bankruptcy. I have no idea what to do at this point. I tried flying to small airports only; didn't work; I tried flying a lot more routes out of the major airports, didn't work. I even tried removing not-so-profitable routes and redirected those aircraft hours to my most profitable route between GEG and PDX, and that still isn't working. At this point I've run out of ideas or what I could be doing wrong, and just waiting for the airline to go bankrupt. The goal of my airline was to connect the smaller cities in my home state with some of the larger ones, and I don't intend on being a giant international or continental airline. I'd just like to stay as a small regional carrier.

Building a fictional aviation empire with Rainier Aviation Group.

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

The problem is that you are using such small aircraft with a low DOP at a large airport with a high gate lease price. Try to set up a scam IFS - choose the cheapest options but make them the max prices - the passengers will pay for them - it usually comes with a 200 profit per seat.

image.png

JohnnyBoythePilot

JohnnyBoythePilot

• 15 posts
The 1900C was reserved strictly for the routes between some of the bigger cities and airports, while the PC-12 flew into smaller cities/airports, or supplimented the larger routes that still had room for more aircraft/seats/hours. I'll give that scam IFS a try

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

k

image.png

JohnnyBoythePilot

JohnnyBoythePilot

• 15 posts

So the scam IFS isn't working and I'm still losing money, although slowly. I currently have about $715,400 left. I'm just gonna let the airline run it's course until it gets liquidated and then restart.

JohnnyBoythePilot

JohnnyBoythePilot

• 15 posts

Alright, I pulled the plug on the old Rainier Air, and re-started the airline, except this time I'm using an MD-83 instead of a Beech 1900C.

Superspeedexpress

Superspeedexpress

• 1 posts

User's Awards

Yes.. starting with a larger aircraft 160seats or more on a high traffic low competition route tends to do pretty well as far as income.

JohnnyBoythePilot

JohnnyBoythePilot

• 15 posts

Yep, my rebooted airline is doing MUCH better! I'm now at $8 million with a positive profit margin.

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

Great to hear!

image.png

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

An addition- The Scam IFS is most effective with larger planes - more passengers = more profit! (As I have just found out) But it's great to hear that your new airline is doing good.

image.png

YourFriendMirabel

YourFriendMirabel

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts
Cool! Currently my Alaskan Airways is really going under the price. But jus wondering, how could you earn money from Advertising, Service Fees and Miscellaneous?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rδ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users