Photo

What am I doing Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

aceorbitdr

aceorbitdr

• 9 posts

Hello everyone, I'm new to the commuity so sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but I need help.

I have created an airline and am massivly in debt for no apparent reason, my aircraft are making good profit and are almost always full.

I have read some tutrials but have not found any solution to my problem. Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Ejki

Ejki

AE Player

• 51 posts
You need to fly to smaller airports

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
Yes, as you can see you make $11 million in revenue, but $12 million is lost to gate lease payments. If you are flying from a large and expensive airport, say Atlanta, you need to return the unused gates. Also, try flying to cheaper airports to lower these costs. If you’re struggling to earn money, I see that you don’t have an IFS, try making a scam IFS (low quality, high price) to make more profit. Hope this helps!

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Don't fly Airbus or Boeing aircraft until you've built up a solid profit. The Tupolev Tu-214 provides a similar capacity to an A321-200, at a fraction of the price. Similarly the Ilyushin Il-96-400 makes for a cheap alternative to the A330-300 until you're able to buy the Airbus product.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Don't fly Airbus or Boeing aircraft until you've built up a solid profit. The Tupolev Tu-214 provides a similar capacity to an A321-200 or 737-900ER, at a fraction of the price. Similarly the Ilyushin Il-96-400 makes for a cheap alternative to the A330-300 or 777-200 until you're able to buy the Airbus/Boeing products.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

Quintus_Istari

Quintus_Istari

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Sorry to tell you, but your problem is that you are trying to develop an airline, starting in Gan in the Maldives, and trying to fly do Dubai, Mumbai, and airports in China.

I guess you purchased a mid range jet and are trying it, but i am sorry to tell you that the only thing that is going to be profitable flying from Gan, is a small turboprop with flights to Cochi, Colombo and Male.

From Gam to Dubai, you have around 30 pax per day. You can fill a 737-400 and fly to Dubai once a week,  but there is no way you are going to make one flight a week even able to pay for the gate you leased.

Dumpster Fire

Dumpster Fire

AE Player

• 50 posts
Fly shorter routes to get the most out of your fleet, then when you start turning a profit, lease used aircraft, as it is cheaper to use. Avoid competition when small, especially if starting in a world with established competitors

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

Okay so I think what’s your problem (checking your latest airline the Maldives one)
You need to use planes that are higher capacity. At the beginning of R0 I experimented with the Beechcraft Bonanza after becoming a bit stable (but now I’m running into a bit of trouble). The Beechcraft Bonanza, I found, was a bit too costly to operate with in flight services. Btw I do not recommend using the An-2 as it is not fuel efficient. The Beechcraft Bonanza, is a fuel efficient aircraft, but it’s capacity is a bit too low for me, and I seem to be losing money. What I recommend is to restart, choose another airport that has a decent demand, and order some DC-6s or Vickers Viking (the vickers Viking is good as it is very fuel efficient). I did a bit of a risk at the start of the game and I went heavily in debt for a while but once the aircraft were delivered, I pulled out of it.
One thing really dangerous is aircraft lease non-payment. You must know when the whole bunch of salaries and gate payment comes in. Just remember, don’t spend too much leave a lot of money for the first of each month as a lot of fees come in. My other one is in 14 to 15 of each month. I got really close to 3 lease non payments before.
Just remember, don’t overspend, and get cheap gate payments with decent demand (like Amritsar, Reykjavik Keflavik international and Tromso and Trondheim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users