- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Quintus_Istari

Quintus_Istari

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

First, I must state I understand the problems with modification of software, and I note that there are dificulties in which concerns alterations in AE.

Therefore, I have thought about a possibility that at least aparently would be relativelly easy to implement eventually in a specific world

So, here it goes (and eventually somebody might have already proposed this)

At the end of each month (24th in this game) we are charged a lot of expenses, among which is the nefarious 30% tax over the profits we make.

I thought that using the simple values available, and without the need to create new fields in a database, it would be possible to implement a tax to be added to the Income Tax.

At frst, we would need a reduction in that flat tax from 30% to lets say 25%

Then, we would have another tax that would be calculated by adding the number of planes in service and the number of planes on order, and multiplying it by 0,01%.

Therefore transforming in to a thousand of a percent, each plane and each order.

Examples:

If ones company has 50 planes and 20 orders, at the end of the month, such company would pay 25% income tax and an addicional fleet tax of 50+20 = 70 x 0,01 percent, or 0,7% tax.

The total income tax would be of 25,7% for a startup.

On the other hand, for very large airlines, representing the costs involved with large structures, things would be diferent.

Taking a random example , a company with 1100 aircraft and 400 orders placed, would pay 25% plus 14%, meaning 39% of its profits in total taxes.

This of course would make it impossible for companies with 6000 planes and 2000 orders to have profits, for they would cap at 75% taxes, adding to the 25% flat tax, meaning no profits at all.

Very large companies would still exist, but the experience would be different.

Starting with having to moderate the size of orders, because planes on order would pay taxes and it would not help to order 300 planes for delivery in 11 years, unless of course you didn't care about paying the tax.

I don't know it this is feasable, but considering that all the data is available, there would be only a calculation every game month, and a subtraction from the players account of the corresponding tax money.

Thanks for your attention

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

nothing wrong with the model currently in use

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Quintus_Istari

Quintus_Istari

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Well, that is an opinion,..

In this game you get an Airline Empire based in Sri Lanka, with a couple thousand airplanes in a world said to be realistic ... :-D

Excess offer is a problem and it is a reason to send people away.

Last time I was around (a lost account), we had to cue to enter a world, because there were more than 200 companies in some worlds and not enough «space» for all. Sorry, but the number of users is not exactly growing.

Another problem with the model is that people get too large fleets very fast, and most of them realize they cant manage 3000 planes and give up, selling all planes, which of course re-enter the market some hours later continuing the process and giving too much planes to another guy, who in turn will conclude that 3000 planes are too much and give up.

I have started a game in a world with no leasing of planes, and it looks much more realistic. That is because there are smaller fleets, and people manage their assets more eficiently.

My idea just reduces the rate of growth, trying to bring the current model, to a more realistic dimension. There is a world with no leasing of planes, I suppose to answer to people that complain about the silly numbers of planes. Why not a world that would limit the inflation of planes, just in a different manner ?

Regards

Niskan

Niskan

DC-9 Crazy

• 362 posts

User's Awards

3    3         

I am actually in favor of this, I always have no self control and my airlines always turn into spamlines.
This would limit that and make it a little bit more difficult.

It would be more fun for everybody.

compton

compton

AE Luver

• 256 posts

User's Awards

5    2    6   

I think this would be a good specific world, like a "Realistic+"

I like this idea a lot, would definitely help with spamliners.

vZOC42i.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users