Photo

Is connecting pax a finite resource?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CrotchHugger

CrotchHugger

Obsessive Efficiency Junkie

• 8 posts

Firstly, this has nothing to do with $1 tickets to get unlimited connecting pax.

Consider the following scenario: 

Have a hub in airport A.

Open a route A to B, oversupply it by a lot, making most of the pax blue.

Open a route A to C, oversupply it as well.

Now the question, would route A->B now has less blue pax because they are used in route A->C? Or are they completely separate and draw from different pools of connecting pax?

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts
Connecting pax are infinite and assumed to come from other airlines if not from you, how people actually get into the system, I don’t know.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Firstly, this has nothing to do with $1 tickets to get unlimited connecting pax.

Consider the following scenario: 
Have a hub in airport A.
Open a route A to B, oversupply it by a lot, making most of the pax blue.
Open a route A to C, oversupply it as well.

Now the question, would route A->B now has less blue pax because they are used in route A->C? Or are they completely separate and draw from different pools of connecting pax?

No A-B would be separate because blue pax come from green pax on other routes, not other blue pax. The more green pax you have at a hub, the more blue pax you will be able to use.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Connecting pax are infinite and assumed to come from other airlines if not from you, how people actually get into the system, I don’t know.

Connecting pax(blue pax) are not infinite. You can generate blue pax if you or an alliance partner has a hub on either end of a route. The amount of blue pax is dependent on how big the hub is.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

Connecting pax(blue pax) are not infinite. You can generate blue pax if you or an alliance partner has a hub on either end of a route. The amount of blue pax is dependent on how big the hub is.

I will rephrase. They are infinite by airline terms. The size of your airline’s green pax is of no consequence, as connecting pax can connect and become more connecting pax. The finite nature is partially based off of airport size, and partially off this.

Blue pax spamliners exploit the above hack.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

I thought it was pretty simple.

You fly, say, LHR-CDG and then say, you fly LHR-AMS. In this case, you would have an already a hub opened at LHR.

Therefore, the 1st route LHR-CDG would gain connecting passengers from LHR-AMS and vice versa. And as you increase capacity on both routes, along with opening more and more routes from LHR, you can make the connecting loadfactor (shown in blue ingame) to became more significant each route, to perhaps reach 100% of the routes being connecting passengers (which would be seem unrealistic).

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

CrotchHugger

CrotchHugger

Obsessive Efficiency Junkie

• 8 posts

Thanks for the input. They were useful.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

to became more significant each route, to perhaps reach 100% of the routes being connecting passengers (which would be seem unrealistic).

Is it unrealistic though?
I mean just look at American's hub in Charlotte IRL. Around 80% of traffic at the airport is from connections.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Is it unrealistic though?
I mean just look at American's hub in Charlotte IRL. Around 80% of traffic at the airport is from connections.

I was referring to merely 100% LF as connecting (or maybe im wrong, which i could be and not afraid to acknowledge it as so).

Im sure not only CLT for AA, but the others hubs for AA, DL and UA have plenty of routes that more than likely have 50% or more connecting passengers.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users