Photo

Is it possible to start late and finish in top 3?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Reddragon8899

Reddragon8899

Aviation Geek

• 5 posts

So, I joined a realistic world (R4), and when I joined it was already March of the first year. I noticed that there were a lot of people ahead of me already. Is it possible to be in the top 3 at the end? Should I be worried that someone already has 90 million and I only have 3? It's July 1990 currently.

Dakota1603

Dakota1603

A Cheese Head at heart

• 37 posts
You still have plenty of time to get ahead. Where did you start your airline? That's going to play a big role.

Reddragon8899

Reddragon8899

Aviation Geek

• 5 posts

I started in Chile, in South America. As LATAM.

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

So, I joined a realistic world (R4), and when I joined it was already March of the first year. I noticed that there were a lot of people ahead of me already. Is it possible to be in the top 3 at the end? Should I be worried that someone already has 90 million and I only have 3? It's July 1990 currently.

Yes, even if you're a few months late you can still get yourself a decent airline

I started in Chile, in South America. As LATAM.

I'm gonna give you some tips about how to start in South America since it has been easy with my airline, "Avianca"

This one I call the... "fly internationaly or you wont get anywhere" strategy

In south america there's not that much money to be made in the domestic market, you should start flying to close destinations like Buenos Aires or Bolivia in A320s/737s (I recommend A320) And then go with bigger aircraft like the 757 or 767 to Lima, Sao Paulo, Bogota, and Mexico City. Start leasing more aircraft to expand into the U.S since it's your only option to expand I guess and then start searching for aircraft that can fly your more high-demand routes. Also to fly from Santiago to Los Angeles in 767s it would take around 3-4 767s since en-route time takes more demand that you can cover, for example flying from Bogota to Los Angeles will take 2 767s, While from Sao Paulo it might take 3 767s, and in the far south it can take up to 4-5. So choose what you see fits kbye

rush b cyka

Reddragon8899

Reddragon8899

Aviation Geek

• 5 posts

Yes, even if you're a few months late you can still get yourself a decent airline

I'm gonna give you some tips about how to start in South America since it has been easy with my airline, "Avianca"

This one I call the... "fly internationaly or you wont get anywhere" strategy

In south america there's not that much money to be made in the domestic market, you should start flying to close destinations like Buenos Aires or Bolivia in A320s/737s (I recommend A320) And then go with bigger aircraft like the 757 or 767 to Lima, Sao Paulo, Bogota, and Mexico City. Start leasing more aircraft to expand into the U.S since it's your only option to expand I guess and then start searching for aircraft that can fly your more high-demand routes. Also to fly from Santiago to Los Angeles in 767s it would take around 3-4 767s since en-route time takes more demand that you can cover, for example flying from Bogota to Los Angeles will take 2 767s, While from Sao Paulo it might take 3 767s, and in the far south it can take up to 4-5. So choose what you see fits kbye

Should I take out bonds?

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Australis in S1 started 2 years late in Istanbul and is a comfortable 2nd place. He attained it in under 10 game years.

I personally only find bonds useful in the first month to max out deliveries from two production lines in day 1.
qRn0iGD.png

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts

Should I take out bonds?

Yes, I recommend to take out two 5 Million bonds when you start to lease aircraft quicker and cover routes faster than your competition

rush b cyka

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

Absolutely.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

I don't think it's possible to finish in the top 3 on the first world you join. That is an unrealistic goal.

I suggest joining a world half way complete, where there are lots of planes available to lease from the used market. Learn the game. Build up to about 100 million daily profit to learn the ropes... by then your airline will be a mess and you will want to bankrupt it and start fresh with what you learned. 

Reddragon8899

Reddragon8899

Aviation Geek

• 5 posts

I don't think it's possible to finish in the top 3 on the first world you join. That is an unrealistic goal.

I suggest joining a world half way complete, where there are lots of planes available to lease from the used market. Learn the game. Build up to about 100 million daily profit to learn the ropes... by then your airline will be a mess and you will want to bankrupt it and start fresh with what you learned. 

This is my second world.

Dakota1603

Dakota1603

A Cheese Head at heart

• 37 posts
I don't know much about Chile. The USA and UK it would be nearly impossible as the USA normally has 50+ airlines. I am currently running Copa Airlines in Panama City witch is nice because there is no competition. It all depends on when and where you start.

Reddragon8899

Reddragon8899

Aviation Geek

• 5 posts

I don't know much about Chile. The USA and UK it would be nearly impossible as the USA normally has 50+ airlines. I am currently running Copa Airlines in Panama City witch is nice because there is no competition. It all depends on when and where you start.

I was going to pick that as well.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Granted I've played AE Classic and Airline Mogul 10 years ago, I'm camping at 3rd place in my first foray into AE3. Would probably be 2nd if I wasn't role playing a full service airline.
qRn0iGD.png

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

its really ez if you have the time tbh

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
Time is probably the biggest factor imo.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Time is probably the biggest factor imo.

just run a mega-spamliner and pull an empire. but don't do a small pissy spamline, like mr. thomeson's "a380 airlines (jesus, you couldn't have come up with a decent name.) 

BV6atB1.jpg

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

just run a mega-spamliner and pull an empire. but don't do a small pissy spamline, like mr. thomeson's "a380 airlines (jesus, you couldn't have come up with a decent name.)

Yes please don't be like me. The world can only handle so much. And btw that airline was just a joke lol. Notice how it has all a380s, hence the name. Speaking of airline names, let's not go there please.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts

backpacks backpacks come get your backpacks

rush b cyka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users