Photo

How do you divide families in the game?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

I wanted to know if for example you buy an A330 and have a fleet of A320s... Will you have to pay high costs on maintanance due beacuse its a different family? Is it just by manufactures or series? 

rush b cyka

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Each aircraft family has its own maintenance base cost which is related to the base price of the aircraft. i.e. more expensive aircraft are more expensive to maintain. 

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts

Each aircraft family has its own maintenance base cost which is related to the base price of the aircraft. i.e. more expensive aircraft are more expensive to maintain. 

But if you have 10 aircraft from one family you'll pay just a little bit higher than the cost of only one aircraft of that family...

rush b cyka

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

As you can see below, the maintenance base cost for the family is $4.6m. You will incur this as soon as you operate one aircraft from a family. 

Each aircraft within the family then has a maintenance cost based on list price that increases as the aircraft gets older. (A321-200 second from the bottom and A319 3rd from the bottom are roughly the same age, yet A321 is more expensive to maintain due to higher list price). 

Attached Files

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Within reason, don't even bother to worry about it.

In just about every class, a single airplane makes enough profit to cover the cost of the entire series. ( notice the pic above... a single a320 should earn many times more than the 5mil per month the class costs ) Efficiency is a good thing, but getting a lot of planes coming in is vastly more important. Don't be scared to order one of everything as long as you intend to order more... 

All planes make profit. Some more than others.

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts

how to divide a family? well becoming an alcoholic and beating my mum did the job for my dad..

That also works I guess.

rush b cyka

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

That also works I guess.

It was a JOKE.

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts