Airline-Provided Training

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

Since I probably wont be able to afford doing flight school I just wanted to ask If any of you guys know any airlines that cover training costs for people who want to have a job as a commercial/freight pilot. I currently live in Colombia and was looking if Avianca the flag carrier for Colombia have ever covered costs for training since they're a pretty decent airline and have a good reputation. I also have U.S citizenship since I moved to Colombia not long ago after I was born and maybe that could help in a way get more job opportunities? I don't really care about what place or what type of airline it is. It can be in Chile, Peru, U.S, ect. If anyone has any info they can share regarding this topic it would be appreaciated.

rush b cyka

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

There are several universities in the US that offer flight, including Embry-Riddle, LeTourneau, UND, and Liberty. Although it is expensive (LeTourneau is about a quarter million USD) there are many scholarships available, and being a foreign student probably will help. LeTourneau has a partnership with Envoy Air of Dallas, a regional airline owned by American Airlines. Although they don't necessarily pay for your instruction, they do hire students in the Cadet Program. Basically, the students become flight instructors at LeTourneau and are paid through Envoy. You can get a lot of hours, I heard of at least one student who got all 1,000 hours at LeTourneau and was eligible to be hired immediately after he graduated, although he didn't meet the age requirement. Also, the airline will pay you, and CFIs make $60 an hour at LETU. I'm sure other airlines do that as well but I'm not sure of it. I believe JetBlue also offers full training to a few excellent people. My advice, do some research.

wgOP4y0.jpg

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

There are several universities in the US that offer flight, including Embry-Riddle, LeTourneau, UND, and Liberty. Although it is expensive (LeTourneau is about a quarter million USD) there are many scholarships available, and being a foreign student probably will help. LeTourneau has a partnership with Envoy Air of Dallas, a regional airline owned by American Airlines. Although they don't necessarily pay for your instruction, they do hire students in the Cadet Program. Basically, the students become flight instructors at LeTourneau and are paid through Envoy. You can get a lot of hours, I heard of at least one student who got all 1,000 hours at LeTourneau and was eligible to be hired immediately after he graduated, although he didn't meet the age requirement. Also, the airline will pay you, and CFIs make $60 an hour at LETU. I'm sure other airlines do that as well but I'm not sure of it. I believe JetBlue also offers full training to a few excellent people. My advice, do some research.

Alright, thanks for the info. Will do.

rush b cyka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users