Photo

Am I not seeing something?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

So I was looking for aircraft to purchase for transatlantic flights and I saw that the A340 had the same price than a 767 even though it has 2000mi more range, and 120-ish more seats. Is the 767 more fuel efficient than the A340 or is the A340 just OP?

rush b cyka

sierra_tango

sierra_tango

Aviation Enthusiast

• 15 posts

You are not missing anything in terms of performance of the 2 planes. A340 is indeed able to carry more people in bigger distance with a bit more average speed compared to 767 and the stats of the 2 planes in game are representing very well the plane performance irl.

What is also worth noticing is that 767 has considerably less fuel consuptions on its engine options however if this is more efficient than the A340 is up to you to decide because you must bring  into the equation seat config, route you fly it into, turn around time (A340 needs 40 minutes more for it) and other factors.

What you miss though is that A340 is considered mainly a competitor of the 777 and Airbus competes the 767 more with the A330 than the A340.

Now regarding the price, as far as I checked online, the in game prices are more or less close to the real base prices of the 2 planes. My guess for this difference in price is that A340 is a less successful plane (irl) compared to 767 or 777 and that's why buying the 777 competitor is close to the 767 price. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users