How to beat Nex Air

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cschraer

cschraer

AE's Official Delta Flyer

• 95 posts

User's Awards

I have always noticed that in every world, Nex Air is by far the most valuable airline. A day after R5 started, Nex Air is valued at 1.4 Billion, 900 million ahead of the closest competitor. I looked into it and found that Nex Air takes their planes and puts 2-5 weekly frequencies on the largest US trunk routes, and jacks up the prices. I am based out of ORD in R5 and their ORD-MCO flight has a cost of 1,100 for economy. Just add a couple frequencies a week on their flights and this price gouging will no longer work.

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

Nex Air relies on a very smart tactic. On certain routes, if you max the price a transfer pax will make more than a normal pax (I think thats what your getting at). Major AE weakness, but if it makes money (which is the point of AE) then why not?

LATAM

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

troll1

troll1

• 1 posts

You simply need to fly the same routes as him, with the same amount of frequencies and keep it at the normal cost. Then his pax will go to 0%. I've been trying to do it, but can't find the time.

In the previous round, he used this tactic also, however, he kept it up too long and Blueair eventually stole all his routes.

So yeah - just do what I said in the first paragraph and it should be fine. Eventually, his routes will dry up, like it has in most worlds - O1, last round R5 etc.

cschraer

cschraer

AE's Official Delta Flyer

• 95 posts

User's Awards

Exactly. I am not saying its illegal in game, its actually a very smart tactic, but i want to slow it down

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Why bother with someone who rarely stays at the top when the world ends?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users