Photo

What to do?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?

1. Reset the game soon. With one-ways and delivery rate cuts, it will be playable for a longer time. (16 votes [37.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.21%

2. Let it stay the course until V3. The hard-core players are still fighting it out. (15 votes [34.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

3. I don't want to even try again with the LF bug and V2. Bring on V3! (12 votes [27.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
I've long since quit, I've noticed many players in the top 20 have quit. Where does AE go until V3 is released?

number1air

number1air

• 38 posts
fix LF 1st and a lot will return

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
Impossible to have opinion without knowing when v3 to be released.

If in next 30 days, continue round.

If 3+ months - start new round.

If unknown but likely 3+ months, it makes no difference when.

If v3 ready, then let's do it.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Hell no! Once oneways were fixed I started playing again. Now if only Laytex could get out of NRT.....
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

Hell no! Once oneways were fixed I started playing again. Now if only Laytex could get out of NRT.....

Get out, you need watch you words and bad in game messages and why should a player leave because you say so not to say look at market share, you would not squash a fly :( :)

iraqi

iraqi

• 39 posts
People are done playing with the oneways and start throwing words around again to eachother??? djeez what a game.. let's just learn to play our own games and not play the game of the other players, that would work so much nicer and people would even enjoy the game..

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
Let's please try to keep the discussion clean, and instigation free. I'd like to just get a feel for what's happened to the community. Every time I check the forums, there's no real new discussions going on, leading me to believe that a lot of players have given up. Let's keep it clean guys.

737MMA

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Let's please try to keep the discussion clean, and instigation free. I'd like to just get a feel for what's happened to the community. Every time I check the forums, there's no real new discussions going on, leading me to believe that a lot of players have given up. Let's keep it clean guys.

737MMA

Many of the former players look into this game now and again only to see the bugs are not fixed and massive lack of communications from management on when this new version will be finished (TIME FRAME) or bugs fixed, even I look around and notice that the Mods hardly visit the forums, there is less than 800 airlines in the game now was below 700 for a bit and it looks like a GHOST TOWN so players leave as the spirit of the past 3 or 4 games has evaporated in AE. Nice to see the one ways fixed but not till the delivery system is corrected to the former 2 aircraft per AE change-over will this game EVER be what it was like. (Just my view)

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Many of the former players look into this game now and again only to see the bugs are not fixed and massive lack of communications from management on when this new version will be finished (TIME FRAME) or bugs fixed, even I look around and notice that the Mods hardly visit the forums, there is less than 800 airlines in the game now was below 700 for a bit and it looks like a GHOST TOWN so players leave as the spirit of the past 3 or 4 games has evaporated in AE. Nice to see the one ways fixed but not till the delivery system is corrected to the former 2 aircraft per AE change-over will this game EVER be what it was like. (Just my view)

We've discussed to death. 2 per month per airline is unrealisitic and not needed. What needs to be put in is the 20 per day + 10% backlog. Its the most realisitic thing one could put into place.

AE is fine for now with oneway's fixed. Number of airlines will go down as the market shifts towards establised airlines. AE V1 went on for several AE years (20 plus right?). AE should continue to run until at least year 15. If its just that bad, then sure maybe a reset is inline, but for now, naaa.
CEO of:
Posted Image

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
The 2 per airline per day is much more friendly. Otherwise the majors could buy hundreds of aircraft and backlog everyone else for months. (and Banana you are doing well... so of course you don't want to stop :()
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

The 2 per airline per day is much more friendly. Otherwise the majors could buy hundreds of aircraft and backlog everyone else for months. (and Banana you are doing well... so of course you don't want to stop :()

2 - 5 - 10 - 20 whatever, is far better than place order for 5,000 and get 5,000 thats silly the way it is now, Vertigo fully understands that, But in past games it was (TWO) and all was fair and there was no flood of brokers in the games not like now, Yes Banana is going tops, this game can go on ok, the delivery script can be added anytime to revert back to its original state before the Nathaniel's hacking saga.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Your both right. Or at least close. The delivery limit used to be 2 aircraft per month per manufacturer. And each manufacturer would deliver 20 aircraft plus 10% of the order backlog. Delivering aircraft this way worked well, at least until people started ordering 100+ aircraft at a time. Then AE just couldn't handle it and orders would get lost, stuck or delivered whenever. Hopefully there will be a reset if the new delivery scripts get implemented in this version. That way they get tested under a full load of airlines making multiple orders.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Actually, bringing back 2 aircraft per month per manufacturer would be great, since it was already there in the first place and should be return. I personally dont think having airlines ordering 20-30 aircraft per month is realistic. With only 2 aircraft per month per manufacturer, people would need to think on having diverse fleets and planning ahead of time...

I think a reset would be more appropriate when the LF script gets fixed and becames more realistic than it currently is... :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

drv4truk Your both right. Or at least close. The delivery limit used to be 2 aircraft per month per manufacturer. And each manufacturer would deliver 20 aircraft plus 10% of the order backlog. Delivering aircraft this way worked well, at least until people started ordering 100+ aircraft at a time. Then AE just couldn't handle it and orders would get lost, stuck or delivered whenever. Hopefully there will be a reset if the new delivery scripts get implemented in this version. That way they get tested under a full load of airlines making multiple orders.

Yes, that is what I did mean, 2 aircraft per AE change-over month, but did not add the per manufacture.

I think a reset would be more appropriate when the LF script gets fixed and becames more realistic than it currently is... :(

Yes, and if the LF is able to to changed to the one you (Maestro) and I tested, it will be 110% improvement then this one now, either way, the reset is needed when these items as said here are corrected and then we may all see former players return to this game giving life to the game and the forum, as its a GHOST TOWN Airport right now :)

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

...........giving life to the game and the forum, as its a GHOST TOWN Airport right now :(

Yeah right! We're particularly haunted by one ever complaining ex-player... Just check routes like SEL-OSA or AKL-WLG or ... and you'll see what a ghost town looks like.... lol!

Yes, there are a few things I would really like to be "improved", but I chose to play the game as it is. Plus some others might not like at all what I would consider improvements.
And as far as obvious bugs are concerned: well they may be out there and occasionally I too get hit by one, but they certainly don't ruin my life and I don't think this destructive attitude, making things appear worse than they actually are, is of any help to anybody.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Even if 30+ A/C is to much per month that would be stopped as the little airlines who ordered must wait as the bigs will, they don't get skipped on. 2 per month per airline just promotes growth from smaller carriers, and hurts the carriers that have done well. Also note that just putting the normal settings on, the ones that are manufactuers build 20 a month plus 10%. They will still heavily promote broker's but still keep them in control to a degree( as with 2 per month per airline, brings outrageous prices on A/C) Understand in real life rarely do airlines pay more than list prices, right now with the exception of the mass of A/C, prices first and 2nd hand are extremly realistic. Letting the backlogs with 10% slack production adjusts for build up. Airlines that are careful about debt, they can use defering delivery strategies to help plan. 2 per month per airline doesn't promote this as airlines like Laytex will have 400 orders up front, but only 2 per month coming, backlog grows beyond 30 months, but at 25 month you get delivery, thos built up backlogs lagged and hurt the database. I say a synthesis must happen. I certainly support a basic delivery system, instead of all delivered in one month. But going to 2 A/C per month does eventually hurt the game.
CEO of:
Posted Image

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
You also have to remember in real life, aircraft manufactors alternate who the next aircraft off the factory will go to. Not just working on one airline and shipping them, and then moving on to the next order...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
Reset if V3 is not here for 3/4 months is a great idea.
If you take a look at the numbers of aircraft delivered per airline per manufacturer it is usually about 2 or 3. Check Airliner World mag.
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

Guest_GreyBlue_*

Guest_GreyBlue_*
  • Guests
If, V3 not comes on, in the next 2 Months, then let make us a new Round!
RESTART

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
What is everybody's opinion (and no flaming, please) on the need of the game to impose some real market force that makes profitability hard, and makes expansion past some certain size more difficult? In the game, the faster an airline grows, the faster it can expand. In real life, the opposite holds true in most cases. Opinions? Thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users