Permanent ban on spam lining

* * - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

badcatone

badcatone

• 9 posts

User's Awards

This would be the best airline sim on the net if not for all the spam liners.  I guess punks and liars need to claim some victories in their otherwise pathetic lives.  The developers need to install a program that reflects ACTUAL costs per flight and severely punishes -- financially -- these clowns thinking a dozen 747s operating on a  single domestic US route -- with a fraction of the demand and five other airlines competing on the same route -- is financially plausible.  These scumbags found a glitch that allows them to exploit the system in such a way other players -- trying to play it straight -- are the ones penalized.  If the route can't pay the freight on the number of aircraft the player installs, their earnings should be commensurately depleted.  That's not sour grapes, it's doing the right thing.  Spamliners are frauds.  They should be treated as such.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

This would be the best airline sim on the net if not for all the spam liners. I guess punks and liars need to claim some victories in their otherwise pathetic lives. The developers need to install a program that reflects ACTUAL costs per flight and severely punishes -- financially -- these clowns thinking a dozen 747s operating on a single domestic US route -- with a fraction of the demand and five other airlines competing on the same route -- is financially plausible. These scumbags found a glitch that allows them to exploit the system in such a way other players -- trying to play it straight -- are the ones penalized. If the route can't pay the freight on the number of aircraft the player installs, their earnings should be commensurately depleted. That's not sour grapes, it's doing the right thing. Spamliners are frauds. They should be treated as such.

Think People Express, their reputation suffered partly due to unrealistic rapid expansion and careless management.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Unfortunately our lovely developers (love y'all :wub: ) are no longer working exclusively on the game. Also, in the past they have expressed indifference to this topic. The only way to battle against it is the forum alliances' requirements. This only works if the people want to become a part of the alliances. With 65,000 members and roughly 100 active forum alliance members, you can see how this is going.

wgOP4y0.jpg

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

if we implemented your idea i hope you realize your airline would be destroyed and you'd be banned too lol

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

if we implemented your idea i hope you realize your airline would be destroyed and you'd be banned too lol

Lol he's right, you have a lot of work to do to call out all these other people... 

wgOP4y0.jpg

Captain aj

Captain aj

Planes..Planes..AandPlanes...

• 14 posts

Sadly your idea might hardly-implemented on the game simulation worlds since i dont think the devs gonna do more updates on the game simulation. Plus knowing that maybe and i think  that more than half of the community member is a spamliner at the beginning  :D

Thefireset

Thefireset

AE Player

• 84 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

You can't ban a bunch of players because they use this game at their advantage because it's the goal of AE, having the best valuation. And I repeat, spamlining isn't fraud at all. 

And Badcatone I saw your active airlines and you are in R0, a world that have a lot of spamliners. You should go in a world like R7 where it have less spamliners.

Finally, I think as a spamliner that we should not use big airports because that harm a lot some players because they can't compete against us. So, for my spamline,  I prefer using small airports and small routes to not destroy other players airlines.

badcatone

badcatone

• 9 posts

User's Awards

I am not a spam liner.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  I play it straight -- if I can make a profit on a route within the demand and competition, I do.  I don't lease aircraft or create fantasy demand.  One thing I use to my advantage is hubs and service small markets.  I am specifically referring to players that operate gigantic aircraft -- 747, 707, DC-8 -- far beyond the seat demand on a particular route.  Even when some use older, piston aircraft in the same method, they attempt to flood a route by installing 500% more seats, reduce the cost per seat, and exploit whatever glitch exists that allows them to create more demand than actually exists.  The sheer cost of operating 15 747's between two domestic US airports would devastate their daily earnings, preventing aircraft and gate lease payments, fuel and maintenance expenses, and all other costs incurred from being paid.  This, in truth, would wipe them out.  I get it -- some players leverage leasing to acquire huge inventories of aircraft, but that comes with a prohibitive penalty if the seats aren't filled adequately.  I have seen the cheats offered on AE and find those employing them, then boasting of how "successful" they were at "winning the awards", laughable tools.  They won nothing.  They cheated.  The award is merely a representation of their personal failings and inability to actually use this sim as a pleasant way to determine how tricky it is to actually operate a profitable airline.  That was, and probably remains, the intent of this program.  Like everything else we see on the internet, there has to be a cadre of buffoons and punks that take glee in scamming the system, then bumping their skinny little chests as if they are legitimate airline tycoons.  It's sad, truth be told.  But, it presents a challenge to those trying to play it straight -- overcoming the ridiculous spam and political restrictions.

Thefireset

Thefireset

AE Player

• 84 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I am not a spam liner.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  I play it straight -- if I can make a profit on a route within the demand and competition, I do.  I don't lease aircraft or create fantasy demand.  One thing I use to my advantage is hubs and service small markets.  I am specifically referring to players that operate gigantic aircraft -- 747, 707, DC-8 -- far beyond the seat demand on a particular route.  Even when some use older, piston aircraft in the same method, they attempt to flood a route by installing 500% more seats, reduce the cost per seat, and exploit whatever glitch exists that allows them to create more demand than actually exists.  The sheer cost of operating 15 747's between two domestic US airports would devastate their daily earnings, preventing aircraft and gate lease payments, fuel and maintenance expenses, and all other costs incurred from being paid.  This, in truth, would wipe them out.  I get it -- some players leverage leasing to acquire huge inventories of aircraft, but that comes with a prohibitive penalty if the seats aren't filled adequately.  I have seen the cheats offered on AE and find those employing them, then boasting of how "successful" they were at "winning the awards", laughable tools.  They won nothing.  They cheated.  The award is merely a representation of their personal failings and inability to actually use this sim as a pleasant way to determine how tricky it is to actually operate a profitable airline.  That was, and probably remains, the intent of this program.  Like everything else we see on the internet, there has to be a cadre of buffoons and punks that take glee in scamming the system, then bumping their skinny little chests as if they are legitimate airline tycoons.  It's sad, truth be told.  But, it presents a challenge to those trying to play it straight -- overcoming the ridiculous spam and political restrictions.

I'm not saying that you are a spamliner I just say that your airlines is in a world with a lot of spamliner so if you want to go in a world whitout spamliners go on R7.

And I repeat, SPAMLINING IS NOT CHEAT! If you want some screens of my airlines routes pages, I can send you some.  

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
It's not a cheat

It's simply manipulating a broken game mechanic to give yourself a competitive advantage over others by generating demand from nothing while simultaneously insulating yourself from most market fluctuation that comes from the race to the bottom that AE pricing always becomes.

Definitely not a cheat, not even in the slightest and anybody who thinks that it is is a communist.

Think of it like moving your money offshore to insulate yourself from those damn taxes poor people insist on paying. Or like jerking it on an airplane. Or calling a toddler an *******. Not illegal, just frowned upon :) .

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Immaculate Airlines

Immaculate Airlines

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

User's Awards

This would be the best airline sim on the net if not for all the spam liners.  I guess punks and liars need to claim some victories in their otherwise pathetic lives.  The developers need to install a program that reflects ACTUAL costs per flight and severely punishes -- financially -- these clowns thinking a dozen 747s operating on a  single domestic US route -- with a fraction of the demand and five other airlines competing on the same route -- is financially plausible.  These scumbags found a glitch that allows them to exploit the system in such a way other players -- trying to play it straight -- are the ones penalized.  If the route can't pay the freight on the number of aircraft the player installs, their earnings should be commensurately depleted.  That's not sour grapes, it's doing the right thing.  Spamliners are frauds.  They should be treated as such.

I see your frustration, however, they're not breaking any rules. On the other hand, I'm wondering how you managed to schedule a DC9 variant (with max 115 seats) on so many of your DAL (Dallas Lovefield) in R0 when it's still 1976. You've obviously originally scheduled a 56 seater (or less) aircraft and then replaced it with the larger DC9, even though it's technically a prohibited restriction and if you were to try scheduling the same aircraft as a new flight, it wouldn't even allow it as an option. So, is cheating the system by using a system glitch better or worse than spamlining? Are you doing the right thing?   

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

ironic when the people demanding a ban on spamlines are running spamlines

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

now-a-days, I don't mind crowded routes..... though I think it never really bothered me.. but anyhow,

my solution to crowded routes is this....

say the route from "den" to "lax"....

using my new favorite plane, the Q400. i'll set that puppy up looking something like 1 - 7 - 56. and

then drop something like 300 of those bad boys on that route. right to the edge of the cheap seats

blue demand line, and wa-la..... i'll be poop'en passengers. and profit...

- - - - - yaaaa - - - - - -

whats even better, is.     being an old time aerobiz fanatic. I feel right at home thinking your all

nothing but sim-lines anyhow...... "" haaa haaa haaa "" yaaaa, your all live robots...... I like it...

anyhow, 

spammy on fella's.                               spammmmy  on......

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

ironic when the people demanding a ban on spamlines are running spamlines

True plus we have been over this so many times its not that easy.

aDarRVC.png

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Ending spam lines would be easy.

1. Cut demand by 75% across the board.

2. Limit individual terminals to the total number of lease gates at the airport.

3. Only use O&D passengers to calculate the connecting passengers.

The problem I see?  Spamliners generate site traffic.  Site traffic generates ad revenue.

Hans.

Hans.

I just really like airplanes

• 188 posts

User's Awards

I see your frustration, however, they're not breaking any rules. On the other hand, I'm wondering how you managed to schedule a DC9 variant (with max 115 seats) on so many of your DAL (Dallas Lovefield) in R0 when it's still 1976. You've obviously originally scheduled a 56 seater (or less) aircraft and then replaced it with the larger DC9, even though it's technically a prohibited restriction and if you were to try scheduling the same aircraft as a new flight, it wouldn't even allow it as an option. So, is cheating the system by using a system glitch better or worse than spamlining? Are you doing the right thing?   

Funny, Legend Airlines used DC-9s out of Love Field, but configured with 56 seats in all Business Class. So, the aircraft type is realistic, but not the configuration.

uw_sig2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users