Photo

Does Point-to-Point model or Hub+Spoke model exist?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yamden

Yamden

Broke College Student

• 3 posts

So for example if I just connect small city flights to one large city and then use that city to connect to another large city, is there an increase in demand of PAX?

Or do I just connect the routes either which way because the game doesn't calculate this demand; and I could use a long haul budget airline

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

So for example if I just connect small city flights to one large city and then use that city to connect to another large city, is there an increase in demand of PAX?
Or do I just connect the routes either which way because the game doesn't calculate this demand; and I could use a long haul budget airline

For me, it's best to use a hub-and-spoke model, as it's more organized to just centralize routes at select airports as opposed to flying routes to random points on the map.

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I think the demand doesn't change. Dynamic demand would be great though :P

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Demand actually changes in some way - the blue, connecting pax that you get by building a hub. If you choose the hub-and-spoke strategy, the flights that go to your hub will generate blue pax. The more flights go through, the more connecting pax.

You can fly point-to-point aswel.

Thefireset

Thefireset

AE Player

• 84 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

It don't have an increase of the green pax. demand, but it will increase the blue pax. demand in all your hub. For example, if you have an hub in Toronto and in Montreal and you open a route from Toronto to another city, that will increase the blue pax. demand in Montreal. 

So the hub and spoke model is much better in AE. Using only green pax. is not possible if you want to be on the top 10. The point-to-point model is just not profitable compare to the hub and spoke. 

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

It don't have an increase of the green pax. demand, but it will increase the blue pax. demand in all your hub. For example, if you have an hub in Toronto and in Montreal and you open a route from Toronto to another city, that will increase the blue pax. demand in Montreal. 

So the hub and spoke model is much better in AE. Using only green pax. is not possible if you want to be on the top 10. The point-to-point model is just not profitable compare to the hub and spoke. 

I have seen plenty of massive airlines in the top 10 & even 1st place without a single hub, so it's in fact very possible.

That being said, I much prefer to have hubs & use a hub-spoke model too.

Berubium.png

Thefireset

Thefireset

AE Player

• 84 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I have seen plenty of massive airlines in the top 10 & even 1st place without a single hub, so it's in fact very possible.

That being said, I much prefer to have hubs & use a hub-spoke model too.

I exagerate a little bit, it is possible in some realistic world and in small world when it have less competition and airlines have less valuation. But I don't think an airlines can have 1,8 billion DOP like I have with hubs.

Aeolus1987

Aeolus1987

• 2 posts

What do you mean by blue and green pax?

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
Blue pax is generated by your alliance network and they fill up your plane if green passengers ( normal passengers ) don't. Blue passengers though pay half the price of the ticket.

Aeolus1987

Aeolus1987

• 2 posts

cool, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users