Photo

Question about IFE cost to use

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lord Awesome

Lord Awesome

• 4 posts

If I add a cost to use my IFE system, will it be optional (i.e. pax can choose not to use IFE) or will all pax have to pay it?

LazyNoNos

LazyNoNos

AE Player

• 55 posts
  • Skype Name:alijameel5

User's Awards

yes but they will still buy

Lord Awesome

Lord Awesome

• 4 posts

yes

..Yes to what? Yes it's optional, or yes they will always have to pay the IFE cost?

bostero2

bostero2

AE Player

• 57 posts

..Yes to what? Yes it's optional, or yes they will always have to pay the IFE cost?

I'm not sure, but I think the game is made so that every passenger buys it. The same for IFS. Which is not very realistic, but I may be wrong since I didn't do a profound analysis on this...

Krysia's Krusader

Krysia's Krusader

• 32 posts

User's Awards

2    3    3    3    2   

Every passenger on your plane(s) will pay for the use of the IFE, if you have checked the appropriate box while creating it.

Same goes for the IFS.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I think that while it's technically optional, everyone on the plane buys it. I believe that the same thing happens with the IFS, meals, etc. I think that they are working on a new thing where they buy based on rating though.

Lord Awesome

Lord Awesome

• 4 posts

Thanks for the info! Seems a bit strange that everyone is forced to pay for the "extras" though.

Do IFE/IFS prices impact the decision whether or not pax will fly with me vs a competitor?

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Thanks for the info! Seems a bit strange that everyone is forced to pay for the "extras" though.

Do IFE/IFS prices impact the decision whether or not pax will fly with me vs a competitor?

Maybe if you and another airline are operating the same route at the same price. Otherwise, price determines it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users