* * * - - 2 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Okay, so I thought since the Eurovision is coming up, I might make a thread for people to post in about it.  

So, who do you think is gonna win? What's your favourite entry, or entries? What do you think of your country's entry and chances, if your country's sent forward one. 

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Here's my thoughts on all the entries.

Albania - I didn't like this at all at first, but by god it's grown on me. Lindita has an incredible voice, and she hits the high notes so well. If she can replicate her previous performances in this, she has a decent shot at qualifying.

Armenia - I can see this getting to the final but no further, it's just not musically good enough to compete.

Australia - Half of the Eurovision fans this year think it's overrated, the other think it's underrated. This is a big favourite with many, and I can see it reaching the top five if Isaiah performs well live.

Austria - Now I like this song, it's catchy and generally easy on the ears, but it doesn't stand out much. Nathan Trent will rely on his looks and personality to get him to the final, and any further. It's got good staging though, that much must be said.

Azerbaijan - One word - wow. This has to qualify. It just has to. A truly haunting song with a lot of potential. I wouldn't even be surprised if it reaches the top 10, even the top 5.

Belarus - My first few listenings didn't really see much potential in this song. However, if you leave out the 'Hey! Hey! Ayayahaha!' bit, then this is a pretty good song. Expect this to reach the final, and gain at least two 12 points from its neighbours.

Belgium - Very hyped up, but I don't really like this song that much to be honest. Blanche's vocals leave a lot to be desired. I personally preferred Laura Tesoro. But let's be honest, it's one of the best produced songs this year, and could reach the top ten easily, if Blanche isn't as nervous as she has been in previous performances.

Bulgaria - It's hard to believe this kid is only 17. I'm saying this really has a good chance of actually winning, and will definitely not be disgraced.

Croatia - This song confuses me. It's as if Jacques Houdek's duet partner resigned or something, and he just wanted to keep that part somehow. It's got good staging though, I'll give them that. I'd say this'd have a shot at reaching the final.

Cyprus - The opening sounds strangely like the opening to Human by Rag'n'Bone Man. Unfortunately, I don't think this could qualify.

Czech Republic - I actually like this, but I cannot see it qualifying. It's a nice piano and strings ballad, and I know the singer well and she's a lovely girl, but this just won't be liked enough by the televoters, which is such a shame. Too good for Eurovision.

Denmark - Underwhelming compared to what Denmark have proved before, but still okay nonetheless. Expect a reasonable finish in the final.

Estonia - This song is proving pretty popular. It'll reach the final, I say, but from there it's beyond me.

Finland - Don't really like these kinds of songs, but as far as they go this one really could do well. The juries will lap this up.

France - It's okay. Kinda catchy. Couldn't see it winning though.

Georgia - I hated this so much, but I've changed my mind now. It's actually pretty okay. I don't like the political aspect though.

Germany - At this point I think the Germans just don't give a s*** about this whole Eurovision business anymore. Why they still manage to get an automatic place in the final is beyond me. This song is basically Titanium with new lyrics and without the bass drop, yet Germans still voted for it. Toss up between this and Spain for last place, but even Spain has the teen voters on their side.

Greece - I'm not a fan to be honest. Clichéd lyrics, and a disappointing chorus compared to the rest of the song. This will get 12 points from Cyprus though, guarantee. It really could reach the final.

Hungary - Don't expect this to do to well, but I do like the ethnologically-fused rhythms.

Iceland - For years, Iceland has been the disappointment to the Scandinavian family in Eurovision but this Bjork-like electro pop number is pretty good. It'll face a stiff task in qualifying though.

Ireland - Ireland, what the hell are you playing at? You used to be the best in Europe, now you're sending falsetto voiced boyband members singing ballads. This could qualify, but I don't rate it at all.

Israel - It's been a while since I enjoyed an Israeli entry this much. It has a good shot at qualifying, and I think it'll finish in the top half of these entries.

Italy - Most popular song this year, and the one to beat here. It's very catchy, the lyrics are good, and the guy's dancing is adorable. This will almost definitely win.

Latvia - My mind is split here. It could either flop in the semi final, or do reasonably in the final. I don't know really.

Lithuania - Not good. Really not good. The song is generally all over the place and screamy. This one will be left in the semis.

Macedonia - Catchy, upbeat, electro influenced. Generally everything a Eurovision winner needs to be. I'm thinking a top 5 placement for this song, but she'll need to up her live performances if she's to do this well.

Malta - Breathlessly? This song doesn't take my breath away for sure. Malta used to be quality (Kurt Calleja) but now they're just disappointing. This will not qualify, I guarantee.

Moldova - The Epic Sax Guy is bringing some sax appeal to Moldova's novelty entry here. It could do well as people give it their 1-7 points, but I can't see it grabbing the big points here. I mean, maybe from Romania, but other than that, I doubt it.

Montenegro - I can't see what's so great about a topless Montenegrin singing about coming inside you. But depending on how much Europe loves this kitsch, overly camp song, it could qualify. The Romanians attained a reasonable placement with a castrato-sounding vampire in 2013, so anything could happen.

Netherlands - Not great. The chorus all in harmony genuinely hurts my ears. It could qualify, but the final will see it sink like a lead-filled lifeboat.

Norway - Popular with some, hated by others. 50/50 shot at qualifying, methinks.

Poland - Now Poland usually make an absolute mockery of themselves with their entries, but I like this. Kasia really sings well. Expect a qualifying place at least.

Portugal - No electronic music? No topless vampires with screaming voices? Christ Portugal, what were you thinking? This is the Eurovision for heavens sake man, get a grip on yourself. In all seriousness, I love this song, but whether the European audiences will agree is questionable. Either gonna flop very hard, or do really well and reach the top 5 at the very minimum.

Romania - Awful. Absolutely dreadful. The most pathetic attempt at a novelty entry I've ever seen in my life. If this somehow sneaks in, I will cry and condemn Romania for the rest of my life.

Russia - It's actually pretty sad that Russia won't be able to qualify this year, as their song is pretty good. Julia has such great stage presence for someone confined to a wheelchair, and the song itself sends shivers down my spine. Ah well, there's always next year, when Julia will represent Russia in the Eurovision 2018. (Not even joking, she will!)

San Marino - At this point, San Marino have sent Valentina Monetta four times. (Though I admit their talent pool can't be that big.) This time she's sending in a cute little disco number with an American, Jimmie Wilson. I highly doubt this'll qualify, but it may gain the grey vote from those people who still think it's the 80s and love their disco music. 

Serbia - I like it. Catchy rhythm, great vocals and a modern feel. I can see this doing very well.

Slovenia - This song is getting a lot of hate, just because it's a ballad. I like it, but the Eurovision fans seem not to. If it qualifies I'll be happy but very surprised.

Spain - I'm strongly considering starting a petition to get Spain and Germany removed from the automatic qualification spots. This awful song sings about doing it for your lover and clapping your hands, but we have no idea what the hell he's actually on about. It's a catchy beat but with awful lyrics. This song could gain some votes from the young dumb viewers who'll fall in love with him, but other than that it'll be torn to shreds.

Sweden - Sweden are usually fantastic, but this Justin Timberlake 'Can't Stop The Feeling' rip-off is mediocre. But undoubtedly it'll reach the final, regardless, cos it's Sweden, right? I'm saying a Top 10 placement some way or another.

Switzerland - It's not Appolling. (I'm sorry, I'll get my coat.) Well I give it a chance to qualify for sure, but it can't do too well in the final.

Ukraine - Lacks a lot. Rock songs don't tend to do well in this. I predict 23rd place this year, despite gaining 12 points from Finland.

United Kingdom - The UK haven't had an entry this good since Blue. I like it, I really do like it. It could definitely reach the Top 10. Or, like the rest of the UK's entries, it could just be sank to the bottom 5 for no good reason, cos everyone hates the UK, am I right?

rustupid2

rustupid2

A Guy Who Does Stuff

• 138 posts

I know one thing... the UK won't win!

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I know one thing... the UK won't win!

Why do you think that? I think the UK have a good entry this year.

rustupid2

rustupid2

A Guy Who Does Stuff

• 138 posts

Because Europe hates the UK! We never do well, no matter how good or bad our entry is.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Because Europe hates the UK! We never do well, no matter how good or bad our entry is.

78941df2c8b7b805d5c60200dd17401f_kermit-

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

UK is alright, NL is always awful, no exeption this year, Belgium is awful (I'm in love with the song and girl of last year tbh, Laura Tesoro :wub: )

I absolutely love the song of Norway.

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

UK is alright, NL is always awful, no exeption this year, Belgium is awful (I'm in love with the song and girl of last year tbh, Laura Tesoro :wub: )

I absolutely love the song of Norway.

Holland can be good sometimes. The Common Linnets are a good example.

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

Eurovision should be renamed Geopoliticalvision.

image.png

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

dafuq is eurovision?

rustupid2

rustupid2

A Guy Who Does Stuff

• 138 posts

Ukraine - Lacks a lot. Rock songs don't tend to do well in this.

Finland 2006 - Hard Rock Hallelujah! I haven't listened to any entries so far but this Finland proved anyone can win. And Ukraine have had a pretty interesting win in recent years too.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Finland 2006 - Hard Rock Hallelujah! I haven't listened to any entries so far but this Finland proved anyone can win. And Ukraine have had a pretty interesting win in recent years too.

I'm aware of Lordi, but that was a different time.

dafuq is eurovision?

European song contest

Eurovision should be renamed Geopoliticalvision.

And twelve points from Ukraine go to - wait for it - who other than Russia.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

and how this s*** works?

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

Albania is my number 1 :wub:

I hope Italy flops hard. just don't get the hype.  :P

Jmt6GWd.png

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

and how this s*** works?

Google is your friend.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Albania is my number 1 :wub:

I hope Italy flops hard. just don't get the hype. :P

Ah now. I gotta disagree wth ya there, Italy have done awfully lately and I think they need a good shot this for a change. I also don't like Albania at all.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

To be honest, Sweden always saves the competition all the time. Don't get me started on those creepy russians bands back in the day.

Kosovan/Albanian musicians tend to do great on music scene in Europe. They're the new Sweden these days. Rita ora, Dua Lipa, Era Istrefi and Bebe Rexha. Interesting to see their music scene developed to be the popular one compared to the rest of Europe. 

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

To be honest, Sweden always saves the competition all the time. Don't get me started on those creepy russians bands back in the day.

Kosovan/Albanian musicians tend to do great on music scene in Europe. They're the new Sweden these days. Rita ora, Dua Lipa, Era Istrefi and Bebe Rexha. Interesting to see their music scene developed to be the popular one compared to the rest of Europe.

Strangest thing I'd ever seen from Russia in the Eurovision that I can remember was the dancing Russian grannies who baked bread during their performance, so I'm not really that experienced in terms of watching the Eurovision. Yeah Albania have done well lately but I don't really like their song this year. Sweden aren't as good as I'd thought

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

My favorite entries this year is Belgium and Macedonia. Two popular songs among Europeans abroad and both are very well written and catchy songs that stands out from the rest. I think both of them have the potential to get a high position in the final and also win for that matter, but I think their live performance will have a lot to say this year where they will be placed and whether they will have a chance to win. With tough competition from Italy and Sweden I think this year`s competition will be very open unlike the previous few years.

When it comes to my country`s entry I must admit that I don`t like the song to be honest. The song is a little bit boring for my liking and I feel that the song misses something. Can you guess which country? A hint: We did not qualify for the final last year.  :P 

Founder of Universal Alliance 

post-80164-0-06445100-1517860438_thumb.p           

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

My favorite entries this year is Belgium and Macedonia. Two popular songs among Europeans abroad and both are very well written and catchy songs that stands out from the rest. I think both of them have the potential to get a high position in the final and also win for that matter, but I think their live performance will have a lot to say this year where they will be placed and whether they will have a chance to win. With tough competition from Italy and Sweden I think this year`s competition will be very open unlike the previous few years.

When it comes to my country`s entry I must admit that I don`t like the song to be honest. The song is a little bit boring for my liking and I feel that the song misses something. Can you guess which country? A hint: We did not qualify for the final last year.  :P 

Portugal/Finland?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users