Visionair: A Short History

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

Story time :P.....

I've decided to make this as a 'for fun' post because I've received a lot of comments on my template photos (and in various other places) about what Visionair is, or what it's suppose to be, hopefully I can clear this up!

Way back when, in June of 2010, I became part of a Flight Simulation community called 'Firebird Air' (now Vivid Miracle Gaming). Consisting of well over 200+ members, our flight simulation group came up with the idea to start a virtual airline, and thus began the long road to what would eventually become Visionair. In the beginning, Firebird Air was actually a very thriving virtual airline. We operated through VA Financials, or VAFS as it's commonly referred to. A relatively successful virtual airline, FBA boasted a roster of nearly 50 pilots. Despite having so many members in the group, roughly a quarter of them were interested in flying for FBA.

Firebird operated a fleet of Boeing 737-700's and -800's, as well as a fleet of 767-300ER's and 747-400's. Later on, it would acquire the 777-200, as seen below. In late 2011 to early 2012, Firebird Air was actually ranked in the top 40 best airlines on VAFS, and this combined success helped get our name out to several larger FSX communities, many of which are now defunct as they've faded with time. For the most part, it seemed like things were working out for Firebird Air. However, after roughly 3 to 4 years of operations, the Firebird group split, forming three new groups: Firebird Gaming, Golden Globe Airways, and The Firedogs, which was an Arma 2 virtual MilSim group. Not too long after the breakup, Golden Globe Airways and the Firedogs became inactive, with many of it's respective members returning to Firebird Gaming.

Out of the spotlight, Firebird Air was shutdown and wouldn't resume operations for nearly 2 years. When 2014 came along, Firebird Air's former CEO left Firebird Gaming, and in doing so, handed over ownership of the virtual airline to myself. Unlike before, where I was simply tasked with managing routes and general flight dispatch, I was now in charge of the entire airline, which I took under my wings, no pun intended.

In June of 2015, nearly 5 years after the group was formed, I announced that I would be restarting Firebird Air, again operating through VAFS. However, the airline would be getting a brand new livery. This was around the same time that I actually started painting liveries onto FSX Planes. Below are a few photos of Firebird Air's livery over the years.

2010 Debut Livery (this was the one I didn't paint).

RPwKnx9.jpg

2012 Gradient Livery (My first FBA paintjob, yes I was a supernoob)

M0abp6Z.jpg

2015 Livery (last one before FBA became Visionair)

IcwrZ1C.jpg

Sadly, despite working my tail off to get FBA back on its feet again, I made the executive decision in early 2016 to shutdown Firebird Air for good, ending it's 6 year operational life. However, Firebird Air's story wouldn't end there, it would mark the beginning of a far more successful airline that you all know as Visionair.

When the original Air Hauler addon was released, I was amazed at how you could actually manage and run your own aircraft freight company. This led me to resurrect Firebird Air and give it not only a new name, but a new coat of paint as well. Initially, Visionair was named "Vision Logistics", as the add-on only supported freight operations. This is also the reason why Visionair's current freighter aircraft registration ends with VL and not VA

Visionair's 2016 Livery :D

olACDbM.jpg

However, with the recent introduction of Air Hauler 2, the creators at JustFlight made it possible to now run an airline alongside a freighter company. With this new found ability, Vision Logistics was renamed Visionair, and enveloped into the airline that it is today.

Visionair's next chapter may be beginning very soon!. As I've mentioned in another forum post here on AE, I actually have the plans to launch Visionair as a virtual airline to be operated through VATSIM.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed this :D!

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
I need someone to teach me how to properly take off in FSX and also how to land and stuff

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

I need someone to teach me how to properly take off in FSX and also how to land and stuff

Want me to make a tutorial?

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

And I like the third livery vision. And do you like the 757? It seams its the backbone of your fsx liverys

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
Great story! And would love to help create more! although just so you know I have my own FSX airline :D

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Want me to make a tutorial?

Ok. :hug:

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

Guys don't talk about tutorials on this post, there's a place for that <_<

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts
The issue with new VAs is that you will most likely have a huge roster, but a small amount of people actually flying. One of the VAs which I used to co-run had this problem; despite our constant upgrades to the fleet, we only had 6-7 active pilots from a 200 pilot roster. Either you need alot of publicity (which we had) or you need such an unrealistic fleet and bases and requirements that everyone could fly. That's probably where we ****ed up, because we tried to force the policy of 'realistic as possible', and probably that dragged us under.

image.png

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

The issue with new VAs is that you will most likely have a huge roster, but a small amount of people actually flying. One of the VAs which I used to co-run had this problem; despite our constant upgrades to the fleet, we only had 6-7 active pilots from a 200 pilot roster. Either you need alot of publicity (which we had) or you need such an unrealistic fleet and bases and requirements that everyone could fly. That's probably where we ****ed up, because we tried to force the policy of 'realistic as possible', and probably that dragged us under.

Honestly, this is something I'll take into consideration with Visionair. Since I am actually an Aviation Management Major in real life, one of my future job aspects will deal with HR, and making sure you've got a sizable roster to match the sizable fleet is incredibly important. Having too many or too little will cause issue. It's a fine balance :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users