Photo

Low cost vs. legacy: Which do you prefer to run?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
In AE there are many different ways to run an airline, whether you like the bare-bones philosophy of LCCs or the luxuries of legacy airlines. I personally prefer running a legacy airline in AE, since the product that comes with it makes it an obvious way to boost up reputation points--a very important factor in establishing prestige and recognition. It wouldn't be possible to have a good reputation running an LCC since these airlines wouldn't have legacy characteristics in most cases. So what do you prefer to run, LCC or legacy? Comment below

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

LCC for me. It's a more effective airline, giving more passengers with less money. I'd prefer this in real life, if given a choice between a $8 billion dollar airline and a $30 billion dollar airline, I don't care, I can't use either amount and hope any offspring wouldn't (unless I have a girl :))

wgOP4y0.jpg

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
I can run any kind of airline as long as it is realistically managed. However, i like legacy carriers more. Despite that, i have also experimented with holidayliners, regional airlines and quite a few LCC's

RmzvjWC.jpg

Yoshi

Yoshi

Non-revving since birth

• 164 posts

I'm more of a legacy airline person because LCCs kind of piss me off.  Plus, it just feels better.

KHCoAFp.jpg
A member of SkyWorld | Former member of "old" Azure
YoshiCraft2011 YouTube channel
#2K11 blog
If you'd like a livery designed, feel free to PM me.
--Yoshi

Lord Corner

Lord Corner

Perfectionist

• 112 posts

LCC, I really like legacy ones, had some back in the days I started here, but become to experience that LCC's are the best to compete.. Not to mention no frills airlines with worst service for highest price..

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Typically start LLC but as I gain more money I like to run a hybrid of legacy and LLC

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Legacy is fun :P

Hybrid is also quite interesting sometimes especially when there is loads of competiton

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

ULCC is the best. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users