Photo

Hub or Terminal?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

cwa17

cwa17

• 17 posts
Hello all, I am wondering if anybody would be able to explain between the terminal or hub? Also what are the pros and cons with each choice. Any explanation would surely help. Thank you so much.

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
Hub - increases profit and revenue - need atleast 5 gates to establish hub

Terminal - in airports that are not slot restricted, you can continue to build on your terminal, and then in the future create a hub. only problem is high cost to begin building
CEO of Atlantic Airways

Posted Image Posted Image

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

Hub - increases profit and revenue - need atleast 5 gates to establish hub

Hypothetically yes, in reality you need well over 25 gates serviced by large planes to make it profitable.
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Terminal - in airports that are not slot restricted, you can continue to build on your terminal, and then in the future create a hub. only problem is high cost to begin building

The benefits are reduced gate and hub costs.
The disadvantage is that you release the current number of gates you hold to the market. But if you want to expand...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
As drv4truk said, expansion is the cause of all the problems if to hub, build a terminal, etc...

I guess a hub should only be built with a good structured network (around 20-25 gates) and thus, give enough to really get the hub moving. A terminal should only be built if expansion at ur current airport has stopped due to no gates available. Downside, the gates given back attract competition to ur airport...

Its a dilemma we all deal with eventually.. ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Just a side step on the topic: If I open a hub, will my routes automatically be adjusted to reflect the increase of income from the hub, or do I have to go through all 44 routes I currently have to get the advantages to show?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Just a side step on the topic: If I open a hub, will my routes automatically be adjusted to reflect the increase of income from the hub, or do I have to go through all 44 routes I currently have to get the advantages to show?

Now that the server is fine tuned (Thanks to Torque and Miller) the application of making a hub should be faster in the calculations in DOP, but you MUST still go back to any flights either arriving or leaving your hub and reset them all.

If you dont re-ticket them you will not get full advantage of making a hub.....

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Thanks for the quick reply,TH,much appreciated.

Guess I will just have to take those blue fingers for granted.. ;)

Oh, by re-ticketing, you also mean finding higher prices to that get best profit if that is what I would want to achieve?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Thanks for the quick reply,TH,much appreciated.

Guess I will just have to take those blue fingers for granted.. ;)

Oh, by re-ticketing, you also mean finding higher prices to that get best profit if that is what I would want to achieve?

Yes, you will be best to Hub before any AE Day change leave it for AE x 2 days to generate and re ticket starting the lowest AC 1st, working your way up.

An example, one player did just this last night and DOP went up 1.7M. just from following my steps.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Yep. Once you hub, make sure you reset your ticket prices. Also as you add more routes to your hub, expect to reset even more of the older routes. Otherwise you'll be missing out on profits. :sdrool:
Posted ImagePosted Image

cwa17

cwa17

• 17 posts
Thank you so much for all the inputs. I really appreciate them. If you have more info regarding hub or terminal, please share them with us. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users