Photo

Transferring gates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts
Since trading gates is all the rage right now, is there any way we could implement a feature that would allow one to sell a gate to another airline for cash? It would make such transactions much cleaner/easier.

Torque?
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Without the gates being taken by another airline that just happens to be hitting F5 until one becomes available?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Fly_Germany

Fly_Germany

• 136 posts
  • WLM ID:tomauer@hotmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:tomauer2003@yahoo.com.au
yeah in my opinion its rediculus to have to risk losing that 5+mil gate.. i hope this will be also in the priority list along with the Prices thingy the Alliances thingy etc... ;)

~ Air Germany, Connecting Berlin to to the world ~
"you'll Love it"

Fleet:
2 x Airbus A330-300
3 x Airbus A320-200
5 x Airbus A319-100
2 x Bombardier Q400
4 x Saab 2000
2 x ERJ-135ER
9 x ATR-42-500

(Upcoming Orders)
Airbus A319-100
Airbus A330-300
Posted Image
"3rd Rock Alliance"
No more slums. No more violence. No more poverty...Gawad Kalinga
Posted Image

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts
Very original signature, Air Germany. I wondered how long it would take for someone to copy my idea. We've already got two copycats.
Posted Image

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
I'll look into it... i'm busy re-coding the aircraft sale area...

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
it is a good idea in practice. Although this would allow feeder airlines just to give their gates to another airline.

Another suggestion for this would be a buy feature at a minimum of 4x the value of the gate. This way if there are no gates available, someone has to pay through the nose for getting the gate.
Maverick Airways CEO.

Posted Image Posted Image
Proud member of the Eurowings alliance.
Airline ID 2157

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
How are gates transferred in the first place, besides putting them on the open market? I can't figure it out.
Posted Image
ID 724
The North Country's Premier Airline
Proud Member of 3RA-North America Regional Coordinator
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Click here for a no-fail AE strategy guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
well it only goes via the open market .. trick is you need to be in contact with the other .. via MSN,or in game mail for example .. then you make sure you both are ready to drop/take the gate (so the gate isn't snatched away by some1 else :P) give a sign and you drop it . Then the other person quickly rents it . payment mainly goes by private aircraft sales .. you either get a huge discount on a plane or you sell the gatebuyer a plane for the agreed amount of $$$ over value to buy it right back at value ... making you get the cash .
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts

it is a good idea in practice. Although this would allow feeder airlines just to give their gates to another airline.

Another suggestion for this would be a buy feature at a minimum of 4x the value of the gate. This way if there are no gates available, someone has to pay through the nose for getting the gate.

i like the feature thingy for a gate ... And it would be an easier (more expensive too) way for us Europeans to get a gate that frees up at month switch , which it at 2 o'clock in the night a.t.m.
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

Would have to put some obsticles in the way of peeps gaming the system. For example, cannot sell 'home' gates for 1 game year.

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts

Would have to put some obsticles in the way of peeps gaming the system. For example, cannot sell 'home' gates for 1 game year.

Yes, unfortunately the negative aspect of having a gate transfer feature is that it opens up the possibility that people will open up feeders just for the gates. In the current gate environment, I'm sure people are already doing it, this will only make it easier.

To curve this, one shouldn't be allowed to sell their home gates, period. They can release the gates after one year game time, but cannot sell them for the duration of the game.
Posted Image

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts
Any word from TorqueWrench or Miller on whether this feature will be implemented at some point? Thanks.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Any word from TorqueWrench or Miller on whether this feature will be implemented at some point? Thanks.

New Version, that TW is writing now, will be there in different format, I expect. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users