Photo

How do you lead a realistic airline ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Melodique

Melodique

Mcdonnell-Douglas is life

• 263 posts

I played for some weeks now and since some days Iam trying to make realistic airlines with real plane hours and ife ifs etc. But I have the problem that I dont really have healthy finance 

what do you have to look out for when you try to make a realistic airline. Thats my airline:

http://ae31.airline-...3r0&player=1267

I really appreciate help :D

sry if this was asked before, I didnt find anything specific

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

You're flying too long-haul. I know you want a realistic airline but if you look at the top ranked airline, it has a ratio of less than 7 miles per PAX carried daily. You're closer to 20 miles per PAX

Melodique

Melodique

• 263 posts

So you would say that I should focus at the moment on short distance flying ?

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
It's simple.

Just study the structure of any given airline, look at the factors surrounding the decisions they have made, are making and will make and bing bang boom you've got the template for a realistic airline. Honestly all it takes is the ability to use google and have halfway decent critical thinking skills.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Melodique

Melodique

• 263 posts

It's simple.

Just study the structure of any given airline, look at the factors surrounding the decisions they have made, are making and will make and bing bang boom you've got the template for a realistic airline. Honestly all it takes is the ability to use google and have halfway decent critical thinking skills.

Okay thank you I will try and I appreciate your help ^^

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

If you're doing a realistic airline don't bother looking at stats like that, just operate aircraft/routes/schedules realistically - try looking online for ideas and guidance on details for that.

Melodique

Melodique

• 263 posts

If you're doing a realistic airline don't bother looking at stats like that, just operate aircraft/routes/schedules realistically - try looking online for ideas and guidance on details for that.

Okay thank you  :D

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Looking at your airline a quick tip would also be to look at real seat maps of the aircraft you are operating; first class in DC-9 doesn't cut it for example

(Also 911 posts so this will be my last post here on AE)

12ca1c99cc.png

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Well, first get rid of that 3 class DC 9. :lol: ;)

Melodique

Melodique

• 263 posts

Looking at your airline a quick tip would also be to look at real seat maps of the aircraft you are operating; first class in DC-9 doesn't cut it for example

(Also 911 posts so this will be my last post here on AE)

Okay thank you yeah seems logical

Well, first get rid of that 3 class DC 9. :lol: ;)

Yeah as stated before seems logical and thank you ^^

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts
Let's look at United. United has a majority of their flights under contract with regional carriers. The next majority is their domestic routes. Finally the minority is their long haul. So start with a strong domestic base, as it will give you a large profit, then move to long haul, then regional. The reason for this is that the game doesn't like regional airlines that much so they are usually unprofitable to run. However, another thing often unmentioned is aircraft type. Don't use DC-8, CV-990, and 707 aircraft at the same time. Don't have 747s, A340s, A330s, 777s, 767s, A380s, and A300s all at the same time. Simple.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Melodique

Melodique

• 263 posts

Let's look at United. United has a majority of their flights under contract with regional carriers. The next majority is their domestic routes. Finally the minority is their long haul. So start with a strong domestic base, as it will give you a large profit, then move to long haul, then regional. The reason for this is that the game doesn't like regional airlines that much so they are usually unprofitable to run. However, another thing often unmentioned is aircraft type. Don't use DC-8, CV-990, and 707 aircraft at the same time. Don't have 747s, A340s, A330s, 777s, 767s, A380s, and A300s all at the same time. Simple.

Yeah I learned at the beginning relativley quickly with only one aircraft type at one time :D

Any thank you for your advice really appreciated

Melodique

Melodique

• 263 posts

Thank you to all for the advice :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users