Photo

New mod staff recruitment

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I'm starting a citizen initiated, citizen led campaign to find new mods that can be presented to Yuxi for approval. 

For months and months and months the number of active mod staff has dwindled to almost zero. I don't know about all of you but I see this as a continuation of a long trend of AE slowly atrophying away. And there has been deep discussion about the need for additional mod staff that's run into a problem: actual names we can present to Yuxi to be granted moderator status. 

So here are a few parameters I think would make for a perfectly acceptable mod.

1) Active membership. If you look in the members list you'll find a good number of moderators but only an incredibly small number of them are actually active both on the forums and on chat. You can't moderate if you're never here.

2) Staggered activity during the day. AE is a global website with different people online at different times. Ideally new mods would be from the Americas, Europe/Africa, and Asia/Australia to more or less match with active periods on the website during the day. 

3) Not being a ****wit. This should be self-explanatory. Pretty simple stuff.

We need somebody who understands their duties as a moderator. Somebody who can be active. You will be the part of AE Staff which interacts with the users the most, enforcing the rules, and not abusing the powers granted to you. If you're interested send me a message and I'll get a whole private discussion going. Think of this thread as a job application. 

My hope is that we can use something like this to maybe find additional coding staff to help Yuxi with AE4 development as that project has been in development for years now with little public progress. But that's a project for down the line, one thing at a time. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I endorse this. I already have some names in my head. Don't worry, my name is not included.

Do you think we should add a few more parameters? Like the time already spent in AE, or should never received a ban, etc.

I also think that since only less than half of members are active in forum, there should be a forum poll for this.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Pilot8

Pilot8

AE's friendly Indian

• 548 posts

I also agree with this, we definitely need more mods here. 

allure | ascend

Posted Image

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

Yeah i don't ever see many moderators active.

I also agree with this, we definitely need more mods here. 

aDarRVC.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I endorse this. I already have some names in my head. Don't worry, my name is not included.

Do you think we should add a few more parameters? Like the time already spent in AE, or should never received a ban, etc.

I also think that since only less than half of members are active in forum, there should be a forum poll for this.

Then tell them to message me so we can get the ball rolling on this.

Those other parameters I'm not too concerned with (aside from maybe time spent on AE so we have a good feel for who that person is). You could've been a dick years ago, acquire 33 warning points, and not had any moderator action taken against you since. But I digress. 

The Best Discord Server

Fighter35

Fighter35

Inactive

• 153 posts

http://www.airline-e...tats&do=leaders

This will help people make informed decisions about this topic.

Great-Britain_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNATO_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I disagree. There are enough of mods in the game already. 

Steam Cooperation does not endorse this motion. 

As it is the only active chat mod is Maestro69, with others occasionally making an appearance. One mod isn't nearly enough, especially compared to the number we had only a few years ago. 

Now if you have any solutions to help improve AE then I'm all ears.

The Best Discord Server

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

Utterly pointless topic, will result in absolutely no further action by Yuxi in appointing any new staff at all, let alone the inevitable slagging match this topic will become when people make suggestions for who should be mod.

Seen many of these topics over the past few years and they all ended up getting locked, one person suggests a mod and then it's a war between those who dislike said person and those who like said person.

Not sure why you won't just leave Yuxi to it?

It's clearly his wish to be left to it? If he wanted to recruit more staff, he'd have done so by now given the last member of staff appointed was several years ago, likewise with developers.

It's almost like you feel Yuxi is completely incapable of making his own decisions, respect his wishes and leave him to it.

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Utterly pointless topic, will result in absolutely no further action by Yuxi in appointing any new staff at all, let alone the inevitable slagging match this topic will become when people make suggestions for who should be mod.

Seen many of these topics over the past few years and they all ended up getting locked, one person suggests a mod and then it's a war between those who dislike said person and those who like said person.

Not sure why you won't just leave Yuxi to it?

It's clearly his wish to be left to it? If he wanted to recruit more staff, he'd have done so by now given the last member of staff appointed was several years ago, likewise with developers.

It's almost like you feel Yuxi is completely incapable of making his own decisions, respect his wishes and leave him to it.

imho I think this thread is a good thing.

I couldn't agree more that we need some new mods. I feel like the community now is far less regulated than when I joined 6 years ago, and the userbase has also grown a lot since then. Many of the mods have been so for years, and only a couple of them appear to be regularly active here - I will admit I'm rarely in the chat, and maybe they're more present there, but I see very little of them on the forums. We really should have a couple of new mods from users who are active in the community and have a good track record.

I have to agree with you on the mod candidacy however, this thread isn't the place for nominations. Yuxi has the ultimate decision who becomes a mod, but we do urgently need some new ones and I'm glad someone made a thread about it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

You're all not understanding the point of this topic.

The point is the recruit people interested in joining the moderation staff (and I know for a fact that you're out there).

The Best Discord Server

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

honestly this is a decent idea but considering the peak amount of AE chat members is like >20 and most people will just want moderator purely for the tag even if they were selected by yuxi is disorientating. don't the moderators already do their job decent enough already?

if we were going to promote people i'd personally select the most trusted, so what if they promote the data collectors to moderators?

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

I will see what I can do on the issue. I'm one of the more active staff members as of recent, so I'll have a word with a few others.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts
It's not just mods, it is staff. Data Collectors, devs, mods, etc are all understaffed. 3 devs, which haven't been overly active, aren't gonna give us AE4 as soon as possible. A small team makes sense because there won't be much fighting but we need more than that.

wgOP4y0.jpg

lakhbirsingh

lakhbirsingh

AE Player

• 41 posts

i've got my hand up

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

i've got my hand up

Which is precisely what this thread is not for.

Weighing in on this, as most of us have become busy with real world responsibilities and/or generally drifting away from interest in AE I've had discussions with Yuxi about new mods. The problem as Steve has pretty much summed up is finding names of active AE members who can be trusted to do the job.

I am going to leave this thread unlocked for the time being but if it does drop into arguments or just people putting their own name forward and campaigning I will lock it.

a0149d3efa.jpg

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Are we able to put names forward, because I do see a few people who are relatively active both in chat and on the forums?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

I propose that all alliance moderators with enough experience and knowledge become chat moderators. (Provided that If they make any kind of mistake, their right be withdrawn) 

That's absolutely pointless, as just having alliance experience does not mean you have the patience nor the virtue to carry out the duties of a chat moderator.

cUDPatH.jpg

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

That's absolutely pointless, as just having alliance experience does not mean you have the patience nor the virtue to carry out the duties of a chat moderator.

I think we have been talking more towards forum moderators. I was going to suggest alliance leaders but then a billion people will start their own alliance to have mod status. What about current alliance leaders? And the reason an alliance leader could be a logical choice is because the Alliance leaders are mods of their own alliance and often have to deal with children...

wgOP4y0.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

First of all I'm glad about all of the interest you all have in improving the AE community. 

As I've said in the initial post, if you wanna be a mod come talk to me. The idea is to get a group of people all interested in being mod and come to Yuxi with a plan. 

So I'll say this again in a way that can't really be skimmed over in this thread.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING FOR MODERATOR DUTY, SEND ME A MESSAGE AND WE CAN GET THE BALL ROLLING. THIS THREAD IS NOT THE PLACE TO VOLUNTEER.

The Best Discord Server

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I propose that all alliance moderators with enough experience and knowledge become chat moderators. (Provided that If they make any kind of mistake, their right be withdrawn) 

I believe that alliance aspect of this forum shouldn't be related with this. It's a whole different thing.

I personally want someone who is neutral, better if not too closely affiliated with any alliance. 

One of the moderator jobs will be to settle dispute. One with heavy alliance background will be a source of dispute instead.

Are we able to put names forward, because I do see a few people who are relatively active both in chat and on the forums?

I think eventually this will lead there, but not in this thread.

IMO Steve wants to show the necessity of a new Mod and discuss about the classifications.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users