Real World 12 minute

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

• 13 posts

Hi everybody,

Playing this game not that long, but i love it totally! Hands up for the creators!

I think there is room for an extra world; realistic airline world.

- maximum of 100 airlines

- maximum of 1 airline per player

- no fictive airlines: only real existing companies, to be selected with a drop-box. of course with corresponding home base airport.

- maximum of 1 hub and 3 terminals. Terminals outside your home country can have a maximum of 10 gates. 

There are some players around who think it is funny to grow and grow and lease gates everywhere, so other players don't even have a chance in creating their own company. In the sandbox world i get that. But in other worlds this style of playing is more common than an exception, which takes away the fun for players who like to play it like a real airline company. 

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Good, I endorse this World. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

I'm fine with it. +1

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts
+1

aDarRVC.png

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

+1

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
What if said airline you've selected has more than one hub?

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

• 13 posts

I think you could set bounderies regarding terminals and gates.

As a matter of fact; i would like to see more rules. In my opinion there are too many players (or at least a couple die hard ones) who play the game in the wrong way. Dropping prices to a level that you cannot compete with for example. Totally not realistic. Or having no IFE / IFS on any of their flights  (personally i would love some catering when i fly from Frankfurt to Hong Kong). These tactics are very nasty and serve 1 goal only: make money. It has nothing to do with running a realistic airline. I aviation you should be lucky when you make a 3 to 4% overall profit.

And i addition to the alliance options: is it possible to create a joint venture between airlines? That would be a very cool extra thing. 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I would argue that since those people you've just described are at the top of the leaderboards that they're playing the game the right way.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

• 13 posts

Than we disagree on that matter. Being top on the scoreboard has nothing to do with running something like it should in a realistic world, more about how to make loads of money.

And again; that's fine, but keep that style in the sandbox world. What i said is that i believe there is room / demand for a real realistic world where you cannot just open a flight from FRA to JFK, offer no service at all, and where making money is your only motivation. 

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

One thing, we need this world. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

vap57

vap57

AE Player

• 33 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

I like this idea, too.

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
We need this world desperately, realistic worlds here are anything but realistic

RmzvjWC.jpg

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

We need this world desperately, realistic worlds here are anything but realistic

Especially those spamlines flying all economy widebodies across the Pacific.

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts

Especially those spamlines flying all economy widebodies across the Pacific.

Would someone really fly an airline that packs them like sardines for 12 hours and makes them pay high cuisine restaurant prices for a s**tty 3 dollar burger just because it charges 20 dollars less in an intercontinental route than a full service carrier that offers a minimum of 34" seat pitch? One thing is choosing Ryanair on a short two hour hop, but on intercontinental flights, on board service and confort starts to be way important

RmzvjWC.jpg

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

Would someone really fly an airline that packs them like sardines for 12 hours and makes them pay high cuisine restaurant prices for a s**tty 3 dollar burger just because it charges 20 dollars less in an intercontinental route than a full service carrier that offers a minimum of 34" seat pitch? One thing is choosing Ryanair on a short two hour hop, but on intercontinental flights, on board service and confort starts to be way important

The answer is.... Yes (in the game because its a game and im not sure how efficient the whole legroom reputation thingy is. ) and maybe in real life, emirates is flying 9/10hr flights non stop now and people fly in economy????

+1 From me since I HATE SPAM
And how about limit two hubs since quite aalot of airlines like vueling, eurowings etc. Operate with two.

And for the realistic name thing, I like it but there would have to be more than one of those worlds since I know alot of users that would fight over Air France or Emirates XD

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

The answer is.... Yes (in the game because its a game and im not sure how efficient the whole legroom reputation thingy is. ) and maybe in real life, emirates is flying 9/10hr flights non stop now and people fly in economy????

+1 From me since I HATE SPAM
And how about limit two hubs since quite aalot of airlines like vueling, eurowings etc. Operate with two.

And for the realistic name thing, I like it but there would have to be more than one of those worlds since I know alot of users that would fight over Air France or Emirates XD

or AirAsia, Air Asia, AirAsia Airlines, Air Asia

I'm playing in a world where there's 2 Emirates based in Dubai.  :sulk:

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

Hanjin Globe

Hanjin Globe

HANJIN Global, Hanjin KAL

• 55 posts
How about maximum 300 companies? If 100 will be small world.

tyriq

tyriq

AE Player

• 41 posts
I like this world idea. I'm a new player just as you are and I've always envied spamlines. I always wondered why anyone would want to make an airline with the sole purpose of crushing other people's chances of building their own airline. And I always cringe when I see an airline that has like 5000 aircraft and hubs at every airport. It would be great to see how this world would play out, but I have a questions.
How would your HQ be chosen for airlines that are the product of a merger? Like american, delta, and united.

Jsieczkar

Jsieczkar

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

I'm not sure if I like all the details but any world that wants to make the game more realistic I'm all for them.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

How about maximum 300 companies? If 100 will be small world.

How about maximum 3,000 companies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users