how bout a couple more gates?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
where did all the gates dissapear to?

i am prob repeating wht people have alrady said but there is a shortage of gates at major cities and the game isnt even close to saturation point at moment

i will chase after you with a 9 iron if someone suggests me building a terminal also as it is far too early in the game to do so

muchos gracias

Daz

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
I dont remember gates going this quickly in the past versions.
Maverick Airways CEO.

Posted Image Posted Image
Proud member of the Eurowings alliance.
Airline ID 2157

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

where did all the gates dissapear to?

i am prob repeating wht people have alrady said but there is a shortage of gates at major cities and the game isnt even close to saturation point at moment

i will chase after you with a 9 iron if someone suggests me building a terminal also as it is far too early in the game to do so

muchos gracias

Daz

Daz, I am sure that one of the past BUGS was the mass of gates in this game, like the mass in AMS and YYZ / CDG and so on, now what TorqueWrench has done to fix yet another bug is exactly count the number of gates that should be in this game against those players now have, the end result is a TRUE number of gates in the game.

I see in the post that TorqueWrench stated that there was some 800 Gates missing within the server (program) he has fixed it.

Sad point is, you now have to keep searching for gates at change-overs. :)

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
I can only reitterate my previous statement, that this time round there appears to be a lot less gates at certain airports than in previous rounds.

Its not the bug, it looked like that from the start to be honest. Id say a good 30 or 40 gates at the major airports.
Maverick Airways CEO.

Proud member of the Eurowings alliance.
Airline ID 2157

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts

muchos gracias

Daz

I suggest you build a terminal and deal with the gate count.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
At least I'm not the only one that sees it. Adding gates now would not be a good idea though. Gates were already added to cities that normally have a small number of gates (LGA,SAN,etc.). Then after all the bugs were reported about gates disappearing or being in the negative, the levels were changed again.
Posted ImagePosted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
I'm not going to disagree that there should probably be more gates out there, but an increase of gates can really mess with well laid plans, as can taking away the gates after someone orders a plane. I guess my point is I really don't have one. Chalk up ANOTHER worthless post for MMA :)

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts

Chalk up ANOTHER worthless post for MMA ;)

How'd you think you got to 171 posts? :-p

While I hate not having the gates I want so soon in the game, it is much more realistic (i.e., simulates difficulty in getting slots/terminal space/counter space and landing rights). I'd kill for a few BOS gates right now, saving up to get a terminal will take forever but I don't really have a choice.
Posted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
I just sprung for a terminal in STL...man, hard on the bottom line now, and sure it opened up slots for the competition...but it's a necessity to expand with the gate shortage.

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
Talking about gates,there were about 50 gates available at MCO some day and then the next day there were 0 left, so i thought it was a guy who bought them all and they should be restored at month change, guess what, I never saw one MCO gate again! Thats why I have 2% at MCO when I should have about 8-10% lol. Not that im not going to deal with it but its boring to make a weird and senseless route network like mine (check route map) lol. Stupid post but I was bored so i typed it up....
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

dandude22

dandude22

• 33 posts
I agree that more gates could be needed, but it seems that some don't want that.

So why not add cities to open up the market a bit?

Guest_alex2985_*

Guest_alex2985_*
  • Guests
A couple more gate would be good.

The situation now is, that the big airlines have advantages, because they can built terminals. A small Airline can't built one and can't grow.

mfg der Alexander

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts

I agree that more gates could be needed, but it seems that some don't want that.

So why not add cities to open up the market a bit?

This is probably the plan later on in the next version, to add a few more cities. gates NEEDED for some? yes, but are they going to be added? doubtful.
CEO of Atlantic Airways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users