Bankruptcy (Chapter 11) Bug

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
I have been trying to declare Bankruptcy (Chapter 11), and it said:
"You must first mothball all of your aircraft and return all of your gates before you can declare bankruptcy"; When I have.
The Legacy of Pacfic Blue Lives On.

CEO of Posted Image

Yay! I have the first sig here!

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
also, whilst we're on the subject of this, look at this.
http://sim.airlineem...php?player=3590

CEO of Posted Image

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Looking at the Airline Overview for that airline (which I assume is yours), I see you still have 3 gates in posession.. Try returning those, then declare?

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
yes, it is mine, and it says in gates "that it can't return any more gates". Anyway, I had returned all my gates, and nothing happened.

CEO of Posted Image

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
What's probably very significant is that your gates are utilized... and that without aircraft. Very weird indeed. In use:
5 slots at AGP
10 slots at ALC
13 slots at PMI
but no routes on the route overview and no planes flying.

You also have a ghost airline, number 3592.
Posted Image

Anti-Cheat Staff

Anti-Cheat Staff

• 13 posts
I had a quick look at your airline. Neither 3590 or 3592 have any aircraft. This is a problem that only the Development Staff can cure. Any actions that are taken against your airline, 3590, will effect 3592. It mirrors every move you make, hence the "Ghost" name.

The only reason I can see for having gate utilization is that maybe you have a ghost aircraft? When the changes were made in respect to gates, did you have any aircraft you owned disappear?

You could ask Torque or Miller if they can completely remove your account information (email) so you can create a new account or if you have access to another email account you could create a new account. The quick solution is to create a new account. Whatever you do, DO NOT use the same username and airline name that are currently in use. This is most likely the cause of the ghost airlines.

Remember that when registration fails, you click on the link for lost password. This will assign you a new temporary password and that is what you will use to sign in to AE initially. Then after you sign in to the new account for the first time you can change the password.

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
what? 3592 is not mine.
I also got this email:

Administration Messages 2006-02-08
08:45:27

2006-01-29 05:41:36 Anti-cheat software has been activated on your account
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions Taken:
Cash level reduced by $-15,000,000.00

Experimenting with Ghost airline

and I did not experiment. Now tell me if there's something wrong with the software, and nothing'll happen. also, you think I have lost an aircraft, when the Gates are playing up? there's something seriously wrong with your thinking.

CEO of Posted Image

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
What the Hell, I get this today:

Administration Messages 2006-02-09
03:41:23

2006-02-08 13:52:40 Anti-cheat software has been activated on your account
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions Taken:
Cash level reduced by $-20,000,000.00

Please try and create one new account. Follow the procedures for lost pasword after you sign up for the account so you do not have multiple airlines again.

*** Cash taken from ghost airline effects main airline. Restoring cash will effect both airlines. ***
[3590]

What is going on? are you trying to strip me of all cash for something that ISN'T MY FAULT?

CEO of Posted Image

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
yeah, its probably a bug.
When torque is on the forum i'd try contacting him

EDIT - scratch that go to the Airline Empires Bugs and report it there ;)
CEO of Atlantic Airways

Posted Image Posted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

What the Hell, I get this today:
What is going on? are you trying to strip me of all cash for something that ISN'T MY FAULT?

Although computers are useful, they're not THAT smart. They can't distinguish between what was unintentional and what was intentional.
Kevin
ID: 1754

Posted Image

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

Although computers are useful, they're not THAT smart. They can't distinguish between what was unintentional and what was intentional.

Indeed. That's why software can only detect suspicious activity, to be monitored by a human.

It is, or should be, the human making the decision to call someone a cheater. And even then they are wrong from time to time.

I think this is another example of being careless. You can't call someone a cheater just because something non-mainstream is happening.
This person had some gates that weren't there according to one part of the database, and were there according to another part of the database. Clearly there is a problem in AE. ___***IF***___ that happened due to cheating, it should be mentioned in the message. It isn't, the message clearly talks about the second airline (ghost airline) and NOT about the gates causing the mentioned problem of not being able to file bankruptcy.

I think anti-cheat staff should be aware that, due to the way some forum members (and former forum members) talk down to newbies, people will try hard to solve their own problems before calling here for help. You should be ashamed by assuming the worst.
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

DO NOT[/B] use the same username and airline name that are currently in use. This is most likely the cause of the ghost airlines.

I think the whole point of the post was that you should try and create a new airline. Hopefully you can manage to create a new one without creating more ghosts. ;) Since you were going to go bankrupt anyways and can't, I don't see why you would complain.
Posted ImagePosted Image

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

I think the whole point of the post was that you should try and create a new airline. Hopefully you can manage to create a new one without creating more ghosts. ;) Since you were going to go bankrupt anyways and can't, I don't see why you would complain.

I think this person does not complain about having to restart. See the first post. I sure understand why this person would complain about being called a cheater. This was absolutely uncalled for.
Posted Image

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
thank you highspeed, anyway, today's saga:
my cash's gone down to $-20,656,012 because of someone stripping me of all cash, for a bug, that of course isn't my fault.

CEO of Posted Image

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
Once the real problem is solved, you should be able to declare bankrupcy. If that's not prevented by one of the penalties given to you, that is. As soon as you can declare bankrupcy, this negative cash problem will be solved.

Rumors are that you can reach miller at aeprojectmanager@gmail.com but that could also be a black hole. Don't expect a response but maybe deleting your airline will happen.
Posted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

my cash's gone down to $-20,656,012 because of someone stripping me of all cash, for a bug, that of course isn't my fault.

So what part of

did you not understand?!
Kevin

Posted Image

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
AK, are you trying to pick a fight with me?

CEO of Posted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
No, I was just trying to point something out to you, because you SEEM to have missed what I said (key word was SEEM).
Kevin

Posted Image

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
I did NOT miss what you STATED (Key words are NOT and STATED)

CEO of Posted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
Okay, well, the way you'd said

, it SEEMED like you did, so I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Kevin

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users