Why do people do this?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

jarkko

jarkko

• 5 posts

User's Awards

5    2    2      

there is only my airline with three flights and the other one flying a380s there for the price 100 instead of starting 913... he cannot make any money on that..

why would you do that?

Attached Files

vsauce

vsauce

travelling at 35 km/h

• 636 posts

User's Awards

he has scum ifs and loads of connecting pax

09f14b347b.jpg

xjF8rVw.png

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

The answer is below. 

BECAUSE THEY FREAKING LIKE TOO.  :P

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

Glad you mentioned A380's. At least now i know you're not talking about me!

To over-supply & under charge is usually done for one of 2 reasons. Make that 3.

Firstly, realism doesn't matter. It's about dominance & trophies. If possible, he will intimidate you off the route & then put the price back up if he wants.

Secondly, look at his route network map. I suspect almost every airport, at least domestically, will be a hub (the green pin). That means he can fill seats by drawing in a lot of connecting pax from every other airport.

Thirdly, as has been mentioned above, he's probably making more off his in flight service revenue than actual fare revenue. All you need for that is a lot of pax to buy your stuff.

Sociopathic tendencies aside, he's probably a very experienced player. But what he doesn't know is that, if done correctly, rather than under-charging, you  can actually charge way, way more than your competition, over-supply, & still fill every seat. I fly routes like the one above & can make a million bucks a day. Exactly how you do that is my secret...

Lenins Ghost

Lenins Ghost

AE Player

• 81 posts

How to win at Airline Empires 

step1 : Create airline 

step2 : Create scam IFS

step3 : flood all routes 

step4 : repeat 

step 5 : profit???

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

How to win at Airline Empires 

step1 : Create airline 

step2 : Create scam IFS

step3 : flood all routes 

step4 : repeat 

step 5 : profit???

Just like Ryanair.

jarkko

jarkko

• 5 posts

User's Awards

5    2    2      

thanks guys for your replies, it's all interesting :D 

jarkko

jarkko

• 5 posts

User's Awards

5    2    2      

aaaaand, what exactly does scum ifs mean? 

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

aaaaand, what exactly does scum ifs mean? 

It means he overcharges for his in-flight service, such as $50 for a 1 star meal that's normally $10-20.

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

Aguila

Aguila

• 7 posts

This is not the case, but in other similar cases, sometimes you just want to provide that flight, because you think it is important to have a connection with certain city, even if you don't get money. You can do it because your other flights are profitable.

As an example, some may want to have a flight to Pyongyang even if there is very little demand, just to challenge the political prejudges of the world. And, again, many players might not live in big cities, so they may also create awesome flights to their local airport, as they which there were in real life.

HariKari

HariKari

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

Sociopathic tendencies aside, he's probably a very experienced player. But what he doesn't know is that, if done correctly, rather than under-charging, you  can actually charge way, way more than your competition, over-supply, & still fill every seat. I fly routes like the one above & can make a million bucks a day. Exactly how you do that is my secret...

Are you talking about tweaking your flight frequency so that it matches the hub and alliance bonuses so you don't have to compete with everyone else down in the dirt? Because that's really simple. 

If not, can you really get a million dollars per day off of a 100 seat demand route? 

Edit: oh, of course, you're the guy that runs Atomic. 

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

can you really get a million dollars per day off of a 100 seat demand route? 

Edit: oh, of course, you're the guy that runs Atomic. 

Greetings! And yes!

Attached Files

HariKari

HariKari

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

Greetings! And yes!

Yeah, so because of the total number of bonus passengers generated by all your hubs, you're able to do this. Doesn't seem right. 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Yeah, so because of the total number of bonus passengers generated by all your hubs, you're able to do this. Doesn't seem right. 

Yeah, how did you think Atlanta became the busiest airport in the world? It's delta main hub. It does seems right even in real life.

HariKari

HariKari

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, how did you think Atlanta became the busiest airport in the world? It's delta main hub. It does seems right even in real life.

Yeah, I'm sure. That must be why I see people running 40:1 ratios in terms of stated demand to seats on the market to small aiports in the middle of nowhere. Realism. 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Yeah, I'm sure. That must be why I see people running 40:1 ratios in terms of stated demand to seats on the market to small aiports in the middle of nowhere. Realism. 

Yeah, because Atlanta used to be Major city like new york with popullation of 40 million people lived in the metropolitan area. That's how they got 101,491,106 passengers each year. Not because Delta spam tons of routes through Atlanta. 

HariKari

HariKari

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, because Atlanta used to be Major city like new york with popullation of 40 million people lived in the metropolitan area. That's how they got 101,491,106 passengers each year. Not because Delta spam tons of routes through Atlanta. 

You keep bringing up Atlanta, but Atlanta is not the problem. I'm talking about spammers dumping the equivalent of 25% of a small city's population into daily seats onto a route to basically nowhere for 4-5x the going rate, and making gobs of money off of that. If you want to keep pretending that's realistic "because Atlanta!" then keep doing your mental backflips. 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

You keep bringing up Atlanta, but Atlanta is not the problem. I'm talking about spammers dumping the equivalent of 25% of a small city's population into daily seats onto a route to basically nowhere for 4-5x the going rate, and making gobs of money off of that. If you want to keep pretending that's realistic "because Atlanta!" then keep doing your mental backflips. 

Or maybe they just copying Atlanta and Dubai. Besides, why would you care? It's not like you're dying because of it. There is no rules for not spamming. 

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Perhaps some sort of limit on the number of hubs would reduce the problem? I'm currently playing in a world where one player has an airline, in China, with 150 hubs and gsme is only in fourth year.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Perhaps some sort of limit on the number of hubs would reduce the problem? I'm currently playing in a world where one player has an airline, in China, with 150 hubs and gsme is only in fourth year.

That's me. Opening hub in small airport cost like $300 or something. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users