Photo

Have people ever developed bots for this game?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

Well b4 everybody flips on me it's just a question, the reaction times of some of the airlines to adjust their prices is really quick sometimes.

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

KawaiiBert

KawaiiBert

AE Player

• 68 posts

User's Awards

true that

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

you can match price in bulk.

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

you can match price in bulk.

I see your point, but some airlines will just lower their prices a little too early on their routes right after you do something like that. Sure, they could be online at the same time, but spamlines with thousands of routes... I don't think they'll try and do that to all of their routes and recognize when someone has just lowered the price. But you never know.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

I see your point, but some airlines will just lower their prices a little too early on their routes right after you do something like that. Sure, they could be online at the same time, but spamlines with thousands of routes... I don't think they'll try and do that to all of their routes and recognize when someone has just lowered the price. But you never know.

exactly 

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

pinq

pinq

AE Player

• 47 posts

Even with thousands of routes this can be done in just a few clicks anyway. Unless you have direct access to database, which is doubtful, bot would have to use data from browser window itself, meaning you have to keep your browser open and logged in, and refresh it once in a while to fetch new route data (or instruct your bot to reload the page every X minutes/seconds).

Now that I think of it, this shouldn't be hard to implement, however, in my case it would be useless because of its limitations I mentioned + I prefer managing things myself.

HariKari

HariKari

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

Number of routes is more or less irrelevant. You can manage by load factor. If you undercut and the other players loadfactor goes down enough, if they're monitoring the routes it will pop up easily. If you are an active player it's pretty easy to manicure your routes and keep them competitive. A bot would be nice but it's not so hard that it calls for one. 

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
I reckon it's more like some people who are really committed to the game (read: jobless sad acts) who can spend hous upon hours fine tuning routes for their billion DOP spamline

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Can there be no jobless HAPPY acts? Is the world really that wanton and cruel? ROFL

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Page loading speed is the bottleneck, not your clicking speed; poorly written bot could make it even worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users