• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

I'm probably not the first to write this...

Just my opinion, but I'm very annoyed by gates on large international airports being filled so fast with 10 gate limit, so if I'm flying to Toronto from US or to Manila from China I have to use only 747s and A380s on very short routes if I don't want to fill the limit with the first 6-7 routes I open with realistically expected frequency from other very large airports at short/mid range, like 10x daily with suitable A321s (or A330s or even 773, they clog the 10 gate limit too fast).

I think very large airports like these should allow more gates to rent because they generally have a lot of gates to offer. Maybe there should be 40M pax limit to rent 25 gates, and 20M to rent 18 gates.

Of course, someone's gonna call me a spammer now. (but I prefer thinking of my strategy as over-sized somewhat-realistic flooding :P)

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Objection. No one needs more than 10 gates outside their home country.

noelair%20banner.png

ABob

ABob

AE Player

• 32 posts

I do

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

At least allow more gates for Chinese airlines in Hong Kong, because at the moment 10 is so low it doesn't make sense. :P

There's gotta be at least some special connection.

ABob

ABob

AE Player

• 32 posts

You need to define large airports.

Everyone have different views on what a large airport is

With the next update, real connecting pax will increase the demand

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

You need to define large airports.

Everyone have different views on what a large airport is

With the next update, real connecting pax will increase the demand

I did try to define it according to passenger numbers... I think connecting pax are not the real issue here.

I think very large airports like these should allow more gates to rent because they generally have a lot of gates to offer. Maybe there should be 40M pax limit to rent 25 gates, and 20M to rent 18 gates.

ABob

ABob

AE Player

• 32 posts

Maybe there should be 40M pax limit to rent 25 gates isn't defining anything

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Maybe there should be 40M pax limit to rent 25 gates isn't defining anything

And why should I be a guy who has the definite answers? I'm not a game developer so I'm not in a position to have authority and to have the final say, I can only suggest.

You can answer me by suggesting something else for whatever reason, not by saying I'm not definitive in my suggestions, I wanted to read what would others do either for realism or more fun game play...

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

I know where this guy is coming from because my airline is based in Manila, and using small planes like A320 and A321, my total number of gates being used for flights from Manila to China is 15ish. 

egwrhw3rhwrh

egwrhw3rhwrh

Boeing Master Race

• 318 posts

User's Awards

dmYeOVn.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

We should be able to lease spare capacity to other carriers, on a per roundtrip slot basis. Much better than providing more gates. We should br able to price the slots ourself and lease them to other carriers as an additional revenue source. Yes, people will sell to their own airlines but isn't capacity sharing legal?

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Support, I had problems when I joined worlds with just 4-6 Years left, most major airports did not have any gates left for my passengers to disembark from. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users