Photo

#MakeBritainGreatAgain

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Sorry, with which tyrant am I supposedly sympathising?

The E.U as a collective is tyrannical. Hitler would have only dreamed to have as much of a grip on Europe as Brussels does. Germany dominates most of Europe via Austerity how is that not tyrannical. (Granted as a conservative I support austerity and Germany, but that's a matter of the situation. The E.U shouldn't exist anyway)

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

The E.U as a collective is tyrannical. Hitler would have only dreamed to have as much of a grip on Europe as Brussels does. Germany dominates most of Europe via Austerity how is that not tyrannical. (Granted as a conservative I support austerity and Germany, but that's a matter of the situation. The E.U shouldn't exist anyway)

Just to confirm, you're comparing Brussels to Hitler?

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

**** you brexit, now two of the five most populous brazilian states (São Paulo and Rio Grande do Sul) want to leave Brazil and even Brazil want to leave Mercosur

deltadawg

deltadawg

• 9 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

While I am an American I see many parallels between The U.S. and our brethren ,The British, across the pond in that this is not so much a financial decision but rather a social and cultural decision based upon upheavals in social norms that are associated with British and U.S. cultural norms and traditions.  I have been to London and The U.K. probably two dozen times over the last thirty years as our company has a plant and office in Bury just north of Manchester.  In that time there has been a distinct and sometimes severely worse changing of cultural norms and traditions within certain neighborhoods and areas of cities.  In other words there has been such a large influx of immigrants that certain areas of major cities one does not hear any English being spoken or see any traditional English foods, decor or feel as if one was even in England but rather one would feel more like they were in N. Africa, Syria or Bangladesh.  To this the people born in Britain had their chance to state their peace with the present over running of their traditional manners and norms.  

Additionally, the present immigrants seem not to assimilate but rather set up on their own areas of their past nation with refusal to assimilate to British customs and norms.  This too has and is happening in The United States and the result is a deeper divide in the parties and candidates of extremes such as we have in Trump. One can only presume that leaving the EU is a further disapproval of the "open" society of no borders and acceptance of all with no regards to present citizens.  This is hopefully a dead end and a clear and present failure of this progressive idea.  British people have spoken and those that disapprove or complain about the British should open their doors to their house or apartment and allow anyone to enter and squat in order to understand how British citizens that are born and raised in the country feel.  In other words you don't know the others circumstances till you walk in their shoes.

From an outsider perspective I suspect that Britain will not be the last nation to decide to secede but rather their will be more within the next two years.  Personally, I suspect France, Denmark and The Netherlands to the most imminent prospects to join Britain.  Congratulations to Britain and applaude their courage for jumping out of the plane and embarking upon an exciting and great future.  

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

In other words there has been such a large influx of immigrants that certain areas of major cities one does not hear any English being spoken or see any traditional English foods, decor or feel as if one was even in England but rather one would feel more like they were in N. Africa, Syria or Bangladesh.  To this the people born in Britain had their chance to state their peace with the present over running of their traditional manners and norms.  

And how the hell is that EU's fault? Most of those people that British xenophobes want out ot the country are from former British colonies, not from EU. Britain could have also reduced internal EU migration (from Poland etc.), but it's a lesser problem, and if it was a wrong decision to let so many in from EU, it was British and not European wrong decision, because no country inside EU is forced to allow limitless migration, free movement is a norm inside EU but for limited amount of time and with limited things to do, allowing everyone to permanently work and settle anywhere is not EU's directive, letting someone settle and get easy permanent working permits is totally optional and dependent of countries' policies.

You can be a developed economy inside EU and stay mostly closed to immigrants, like Finland, for example. And I don't even have to count all the EU countries that said no to Syrian refugees. It's the British elites' move to get more cheap labor, not EU's. And without immigrants developed economy with shrinking population it gets to eternal stagnation like in Japan, but repeating that is obviously useless, even if it's completely correct, because nationalistic arguments are always more loud and clear.

Misinformed blaming EU for all the problems is simply stupid, but now it is what it is.... And it's what got to the biggest ****storm in British modern history. Now no one even wants to be the prime minister, for ****'s sake!!! Out-vote planning was superb, just great. Just a bunch of phrases and no real ideas how to do it. -.-

Leave-conservatives like Boris Johnson obviously didn't think it would happen, they just wanted to collect populist points from naive people and now they have no courage or idea about what to do next, and ridiculous wannabe politicians like Farage won't get anyone anywhere, he's happy about upcoming recession "that would happen anyway", a great economic and political genius. And I can even less understand gloating about "free Britain" when there's a high likelihood that the existing country named Britain won't exist anymore after all this is over.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
#ScottishIndependenceNow

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

The world is revolting against self destructing immigration policies. That is what ALL of this political chaos is. That is Trump, Brexit, UKIP, conservative majorities like everywhere, and every liberals current nightmare, is the fault of your immigration policies.

Also insulting leave voters is just childish. EVERYONE can agree that the E.U's treatment of nations like Britain is wrong. Germany should be the next to stand up. Either they should demand control over countries internal budgets, or leave. Pick one. Either have a good empire, or none at all.

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Also insulting leave voters is just childish. 

Referring to leave voters as fools is absolutely the correct thing to do. 

The leave vote was based solely on ignorance and idiocy. There was not a single logical reason to have voted in such a way.

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Referring to leave voters as fools is absolutely the correct thing to do. 

The leave vote was based solely on ignorance and idiocy. There was not a single logical reason to have voted in such a way.

Maybe it would be detaching yourself from the only declining trade block in the entire world.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Trump, Brexit, UKIP, conservative majorities like everywhere, 

You're ridiculous, are you aware how many real conservatives despise both Trump and UKIP or any other similar party in Europe for that matter? And how many naive blue collar workers that don't support any real conservative agenda and otherwise support Labour, Democrats, trade unions and other left-leaning movements are with them now just because "they took our jerbs"? There's no real conservatism here, only exploiting fear and ignorance to pump up nationalist sentiments. This is mindless populism from overly ambitious quasi-politicians that ride the tide of saying just anything to get to power because it's resounding well in the era of political elites being confused and without character, but they want power they wouldn't know how to handle and would disrupt everything.

Even if immigration or the entire political system has to be changed, the Western world doesn't need dangerous clowns to do it.

And you're just using words "conservative" and "liberal" from American daily politics vocabulary in the most dumb way that concerns British and European politics even less.

Maybe it would be detaching yourself from the only declining trade block in the entire world.

You really know a lot about EU... You don't have to try, it's too complicated for you.

If I asked you three easy questions about EU I bet you'd have no idea without googling. 

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts
Everything I've said about the EU has been true. And UKIP and Trump are products of how insane the left has become. It's a counterbalance. Now on what I said about conservative majorities almost all of Europe is controlled by centre right parties right now. You just wait till they catch the drift, everything the liberal governments have built over the past few decades. It's all going bye bye. Multiculturalism in the shitter where it belongs.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

You don't have friends do you?

As such I take it you don't understand how nice it is to have friends. People who can spot you some cash to cover tip at a restaurant. People who can help you move into an apartment. People who'll watch your back if some ******* tries to start some s***. Sure, you'll have friends you don't like, and the group dynamic will never be absolutely perfect. But at the same time it's better than sitting by yourself while others (do their best to) create something nice together.

Get some friends, then you might understand the point of the EU.

The Best Discord Server

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts
I have plenty of friends. There's such a thing as bad friends, ones that mooch and take advantage of their friends trust. That's a lot like the EU, a bunch entitled bitchy s***ty countries lumped together with a few cultural gems in between. The ones that actually give a s*** to govern their own countries, are the ones the EU exploits. They should leave and let the s***hole that is modern day Europe burn.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

yZYC6dI.jpg

The Best Discord Server

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Why would these countries people be so inclined to venture in, if Britain is so horrid,

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Why would these countries people be so inclined to venture in, if Britain is so horrid,

LOL, "venture in", are you really that ignorant or trolling big time? 

This is the second most stupid thing I've read here (after that there were 0 genocides ever in North America).

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Actually 84% of Turkish people wouldn't even consider going to the UK at any point even if there was free movement. The immigration myth has brought about Schrödinger's Immigrant - one that simultaneously takes benefits and takes jobs. It has been proven immigrants affect the economy positively (ever heard of economics of scale, kiddo?). The UK is seen as a racist place and the gullibility of the average Ukipper, Front Nationaler, or Alternative Für Europe is that Brexiters were convinced the extra £17 billion (which was a false figure) would go toward their free health service. I would agree with your point on the EU being centre right, but you clearly have a lack of knowledge regarding Europe if you think that all our governments were left wing before.
On a side note, the British Conservatives are the equivalent of US Democrats and UKIP aren't really as right as the Republicans.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Actually UKIP and BNP are roughly equivalent to our Republicans. :P

The Best Discord Server

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Actually UKIP and BNP are roughly equivalent to our Republicans. :P

UKIP, to their credit, do actually believe in a free publically owned health service. They're much more populist than the Republicans, though they're somewhere in that territory at heart.

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts
UKIP and the base of the Republican Party are products of leftist policies. Rational political discussion can come out of all this. All it takes is some common sense. I dare say that the non-common sensible things with the right don't threaten to destroy countries within the decade. In many cases liberals fiscal and immigration policies if left unchallenged would ravage countries in only a few years. That's the reason for such staunch reaction, your bulshit KILLS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users