Private Worlds

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Guest_Azurose_*

Guest_Azurose_*
  • Guests

What these worlds would be is, they would be worlds hosted by somebody.

But instead of listing them all on the My Airlines page it could be so you have a password that you enter and then you get access to that world

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I like this. I think especially a world where you can put your alliance and maybe another alliance in to see how it would work with all of your members and have a good alliance-based game.. Would it be like a mix of R Alpha and S3-B? Maybe a 1955-2025 world, 15 min/day, password protected world? Sounds good to me.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
This has been discussed in the past.

The server load created by players hosting their own individual worlds would just be too much for Yuxi and the server itself.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Zach21GF

Zach21GF

AE Player

• 63 posts

User's Awards

3    6   

Sounds good to me, and since other similar games does it, I don't see why it should be a massive issue to get it up and running. Though I could be wrong?

EDIT: If price is the issue, then implement a currency (coins) that are used to set up these worlds and would be acquired by spending real money.

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

I've been thinking about this kind of idea, and I think I might have a suggestion to compensate for the server load.

There's a little known function called subscriptions available on the website, and the only thing currently available on it is ad removal. Since few people are going to pay $20 for just ad removal, what if instead that function was used to buy a private world? Players who want one can purchase it, while compensating for the server usage and also preventing an overload by not just handing out worlds right and left.

Adding onto that, I was also thinking alliance worlds would be another good idea or alternative. Give certain reputable alliances a single world that their members alone can use, in a similar manner to the way forums are handled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I've been thinking about this kind of idea, and I think I might have a suggestion to compensate for the server load.

There's a little known function called subscriptions available on the website, and the only thing currently available on it is ad removal. Since few people are going to pay $20 for just ad removal, what if instead that function was used to buy a private world? Players who want one can purchase it, while compensating for the server usage and also preventing an overload by not just handing out worlds right and left.

Adding onto that, I was also thinking alliance worlds would be another good idea or alternative. Give certain reputable alliances a single world that their members alone can use, in a similar manner to the way forums are handled.

Smart idea. +1 from me

wgOP4y0.jpg

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

This has been discussed in the past.

The server load created by players hosting their own individual worlds would just be too much for Yuxi and the server itself.

End discussion...

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Viero had an actual suggestion though.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

End discussion...

...if you took a second to read my post, you'd see I'm addressing that.  :|

Posted Image

Posted Image

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

...if you took a second to read my post, you'd see I'm addressing that.  :|

Paying for private worlds has been brought up countless times and shot down countless times for years now.

Quote from Yuxi from 2013...

That's not the reason. The main reasons we don't have private worlds are:

1) We don't have the necessary infrastructure for players to create and administrate private worlds.
2) Due to the need for additional server resources, private worlds would most likely not be free. However, any paid service would require a level of support I'm not prepared to offer with the number of bugs in the game and the quality of the code.

So there are a number of obstacles that will take quite a while to resolve.

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Paying for private worlds has been brought up countless times and shot down countless times for years now.

Fair enough, just didn't recall anything regarding payment ever being suggested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

That was 3 years ago.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Zach21GF

Zach21GF

AE Player

• 63 posts

User's Awards

3    6   

I would also say that shooting something down with a 3 year old quote, is simply just saying no just to say no.

Whether one think it is a good idea or not, it is still worth the discussion. I don't play Airline Mogul much these days, but I recall a premium system with coins, it seems to work for them. Though I am not sure what level of support they offer, though judging from the size of their team, it cannot be that much.

It would be an awesome step to take for Airline Empires in my mind, so I hope people will give it a chance ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users