Photo

Why do some players reduce ticket costs so much?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

It's a concorde

It's a concorde

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts
Okay so my airline in one of the sandbox world's was doing quite well making $130,000,000 a day but now it is making around $90,000,000 a day because the airline which is ranked number 1 has reduced the ticket prices on all of their routes by a load of money making the routes not profitable! Surely there should be some rule to this? I mean an airline wouldn't cut a ticket cost by $300 to make passengers fly with them and not the competition

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts
Why not? Its competition! Compete with him instead of complaining!

These things happen real world aviation, and this is just a game.
COMPETE HARD!

post-26104-0-04327600-1462270507.png

It's a concorde

It's a concorde

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts
I know that it is competition but it makes the route unprofitable

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

You are level 31 with do not have a whole lot of spare cash, well not when you would compare it to number 1 in game. He can run lots of his routes at losses for a long time to make sure your airline starves and you have no choice but to leave the route. He can run that loss making route a whole lot longer than you ever could. I have seen it happen so many times and I have also caused it to other players. It just takes a bit of time but whoever has got the most spare cash to lose wins. simple but brutal strategy really.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

It's a concorde

It's a concorde

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts

You are level 31 with do not have a whole lot of spare cash, well not when you would compare it to number 1 in game. He can run lots of his routes at losses for a long time to make sure your airline starves and you have no choice but to leave the route. He can run that loss making route a whole lot longer than you ever could. I have seen it happen so many times and I have also caused it to other players. It just takes a bit of time but whoever has got the most spare cash to lose wins. simple but brutal strategy really.

I know, I have money and plenty of it! And I can se show it is going so I'm improving my fleet now

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

... I mean an airline wouldn't cut a ticket cost by $300 to make passengers fly with them and not the competition

You haven't heard of Ryanair?

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Yeah, I always wonder why are some players so aggressive with price drops, even those only starting and having no clue what they're doing instead of finding a fresh route... It only causes other players to go even lower. I can always match price with connecting pax so I don't understand what's the point in another drop.

It only makes all airlines who fly the route less profitable.

To be frank, I use price drops only when I'm starting and have no hubs, or other option, on players I'm annoyed with and think I can squeeze out of the game. :diablo:

And those are not funny 1/2 price drops, they're meant to get the other guy to red and I do it if I'm strong enough to start the war. :rifle:

Other price drops really have no real life value in AE.

You haven't heard of Ryanair?

IRW it would make sense to have Ryanair model, but here where you get too many passengers anyway and you don't steal passengers if another airline is awake and matches right away, not really.

IRW, also, airlines with 10x higher prices than Ryanair can do fine job, here you get to red if you don't match a 5% price difference.

In AE volume=profit. Business model is so much less important. You can have high prices and stay on top, you can drop prices and stay on top. But generally I think drastic price drops are noob moves, but then again, some experienced players do it as well. 

AE is not reality.

So, aggressive price drops are dumb for me, but some people do it and I adapt, and again, I also don't understand people who are too whiny about competition. :)

heinkel

heinkel

A Star Alliance Member

• 46 posts

User's Awards

In AE volume=profit. Business model is so much less important. You can have high prices and stay on top, you can drop prices and stay on top. But generally I think drastic price drops are noob moves, but then again, some experienced players do it as well. 

AE is not reality.

So, aggressive price drops are dumb for me, but some people do it and I adapt, and again, I also don't understand people who are too whiny about competition.  :)

well, one particular airline set $1 price to almost all of his route while dumping TONS of capacity. I managed to fill a daily or two 737-200 flight with 8C and 108Y without having to reduce the price more than 20%.

In a way, AE is a bit realistic because not everybody wants to be crammed in a flying tube with a tiny legroom and no IFS. 

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Okay so my airline in one of the sandbox world's was doing quite well making $130,000,000 a day but now it is making around $90,000,000 a day because the airline which is ranked number 1 has reduced the ticket prices on all of their routes by a load of money making the routes not profitable! Surely there should be some rule to this? I mean an airline wouldn't cut a ticket cost by $300 to make passengers fly with them and not the competition

Cutting prices so profits are vaguely realistic will do that.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

It's called starving. They'll make you lose tonnes of cash and than put their prices back up once you bankrupt.

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

It's a game. Get over it.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

It's a game. Get over it.

Fair enough. But it is so annoying to find spamlines ran by 3 day old accounts wrecking a route with atrociously low prices.

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Heres how to beat that use scam IFS and undercut him. If he isn't using scam IFS you can just use scam IFS which will let you undercut him by alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users