Photo

Czech Republic's new name?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

Thoughts? The leaders of the country disliked 'Czech Republic' and are shortening it to 'Czechia' 

I kind of like it.. not sure.

Here's the CNN link if you want to read more about it

http://edition.cnn.c...c-name-czechia/

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

I am neutral in this matter since the new name would be more complex and also because French Republic became France, The Provincial States became United Arab Emirates. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

I am neutral in this matter since the new name would be more complex and also because French Republic became France, The Provincial States became United Arab Emirates. 

France is still the French Republc though? That's the official legal name of the country. The short name is "France" also the article's headline is a bit misleading they're not changing the legal name of the country just the short name of it. Which I have to admit I find rather odd because (in English at least) I've only ever heard of it refered to as "Czech Republic" never as "Czech"

a0149d3efa.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Should change it to Ceko instead. Easier to read. Or changed it to: "Newer Cekoslovakia"

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Obviously a good idea, my only issue though is that "Czechia" looks awfully close to "Chechnya" which obviously has a lot of negative connotations.

UbxSbIt.png

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Who are you kidding Agre Chechnya is a beautiful place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users