Photo

When do new airplanes appear?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

pikoc89

pikoc89

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts
I wonder, is there a sort of timetable when does a certain airplane appear for preorder? I'm looking to purchase around 40-50 787-8 and there is still no preorder. A quick wiki check and some airlines had them on order before 2007 (ANA)

pinq

pinq

AE Player

• 47 posts

As far as I know, it's not fixed. The very same aircraft may appear on different dates in each world.

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

That actually would be pretty helpful too! I'm practically ready to go in R0 for when the 707-120 becomes available. Even though it's currently 1955 in R0, and the 707-120 doesn't come out for another 3 years, I'm all set to go on preordering that jet to replace my smaller and slower Starliners flying to Europe and South America.

uddNEMA.jpg

raraoul

raraoul

AE Player

• 97 posts

User's Awards

What does it makes sense to pre order aircraft? There is no difference between ordering an aircraft 1 year before its launch date or ordering it 1 day before, right? 

pinq

pinq

AE Player

• 47 posts

Actually there is, especially at the beginning. You lock up your money you could spend on something more useful/needed at the time. 

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

What does it makes sense to pre order aircraft? There is no difference between ordering an aircraft 1 year before its launch date or ordering it 1 day before, right? 

There is actually a few pros to preordering aircraft. One is that if you're quick enough, your airline could become the launch customer of that aircraft in that world, like how my airline, Paw Airways International, is the launch customer of the Bristol Britannia. Another good thing about preordering an aircraft is that over time, you can invest more and more into either leasing or buying them before the first delivery. This way then overtime as your airline continues to make more money, you can invest into a greater amount of aircraft, and you don't have to wait so long after you ordered your aircraft. Once production begins, they'll start rolling in one after the other every two or three weeks, or whatever the delivery rate is.

uddNEMA.jpg

raraoul

raraoul

AE Player

• 97 posts

User's Awards

What kind of benefit do you have being the launch customer? It's none.. 

2nd, if you dont pre-order, you still have youre money and that money you can invest in aircraft that are already being produced -> thus you get more aircraft -> thus increase in earnings way before youre pre-order aircraft is on the list.

pikoc89

pikoc89

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts
Well, I am looking forward to the new aircraft, because of the range and fuel consumption. I'd just like to know how much more I need to wait, and the approx. prices, so I can plan the lease rates for the ones I have at the moment.

pinq

pinq

AE Player

• 47 posts

Then just use 'Browse Aircraft' from the in-game menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users