Photo

Which one will be the best?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
So, your opinions count.

Which a/c do you guys think will be the best [by the best, i mean fuel consumtion/costs, most comfortable etc...]

what do you guys think?

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
well, comfort is much an issue as paint color is as far as the airlines are concerned. Now, burn is a strange issue. Becuase of the 787's composite make up, it will be heavier over water or areas with high humidity. Maning, that the 787 may have better burn when flying over the western U.S., but the A350 may be better when flying over a rain forest.

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
I'm pretty confident Boeing will get the upper hand, I'd love airbus to but I have a feeling it will be a bit like the 777 vs A340/A330 war again and we know who had the upper hand there! :P btw the orders might say something about it aswel, airlines don't just pick one at random, they really look hard at it, the 787 is winning in orders right? (correct me if not) but then again one of the a/c types might not be suitable for a certain airline so in this case the competition might win the order!

dreamlinerCP

dreamlinerCP

• 181 posts
i'm pretty sure that the B787 will be more economical on a seat-mile basis. and even though in the end the airline's decide comfort, the B787 will have the potential to have wider seats (by .5" i believe), and will have passenger pleasing features like electrically dimmed windows and better cabin pressure

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
i think the 787 will be best :P

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
It'll be between the A350 and the B787.
The Legacy of Pacfic Blue Lives On.

CEO of Posted Image

Yay! I have the first sig here!

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
When you ask the question... "Which one will be the best...?" you open a whole bag of worms :P

"...Best for who?" i then ask because what is good for an operator is not always good for the passenger...

I'm an engineer by trade, I'd much rather work on the Boeing aircraft than the equivalent airbus. That being said when I travel as a passenger I'd much rather take the airbus. Its smooth, quiet and doesn't make me regurgitate my dinner on descent. (The boeing tends to just drop out of the sky).

However i have not yet experienced the B777 nor have I flown the A330.

I've never had a bad flight aboard an A340-600... Where as I was kept up all night long when flying home from Los Angeles because of loud engine noise on a 744.

As i start to drift towards the question of A350/B787... I think the 350 will win acceptance first. Its based on the A330 and so has a tried & tested design. Its pushing the boundaries without being too excessive.

The B787 is completly ahead of its time and so will have alot to prove...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users