Photo

Not enough airplanes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ojiras

Ojiras

• 8 posts

OK, my airline is now reaching a nice size, with 226 planes flying and other 145 in order. But now I get a quite reasonable problem: To avoid to get the fleet too old, I wanted to change the planes at the age of 10 years. But as I get 1 plane each 2 weeks, and it is quite impossible to get more planes (I'm ordering 320s, 340s, 737s, 767s, 777s) I'm coming to the point that I need each new plane to replace an old one. I don't know if it is a good thing to get more and more families of airplanes, or should I just let the planes get older and older? I think the only plane to add to 320s and 737s would be Tupolevs, and I could get some 747s, doing some nice extrawork, as the 747 is now quite big for the new destinations I'm flying to. How do you experienced players solve this problem?

Magnusson

Magnusson

mate

• 363 posts

You should be still able to get new airframes in faster than they would normally be phased out. If not, just wait until the new ones are delivered, it won´t harm your airline much and its a common practice. A short-term lease of used ones is also an option.

QpsnNDM.jpg?1

pinq

pinq

AE Player

• 47 posts

del

pinq

pinq

AE Player

• 47 posts

10 years is quite decent for an airplane, even for RL standards. One time I had a couple of planes older than 30 years (with average fleet age about 12 years or so).

I usually begin gradually phasing out planes a) older than 10 - 15 years AND planned replacement type is finally available (if not I simply wait); b ) proven less effective than other available planes of comparable roles. Complete replacement of the type may take couple of game-years if there are hundreds of planes to deal with.

Anyways, no need to hurry with upgrading ageing fleet. Take a look at the RL - it usually takes 2-3 years to replace barely a dozen of planes, and it's perfectly normal. If you're worried about your airline's reputation - there are more options to work with. After all, the game is about making virtual dollars and economic calculation lies behind everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users