• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

What are your favorite planes in 20-50 range in the jet age (mid 60's and later), and why? At some points in time I've had lots of DHC-8-300 and -400, ATR-42, An-24 that worked very well, but I've rarely used smaller than that and it was usually just a few planes. So what are your recommendations? :)

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

Bombardier Q-400 nextgen

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

I don't understand what you're asking. You said mid 60's but you mention DHC-8 and ATR-42. There are no DHC-8s and ATR-42s in the mid 60's.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I don't understand what you're asking. You said mid 60's but you mention DHC-8 and ATR-42. There are no DHC-8s and ATR-42s in the mid 60's.

(mid 60's and later)

;)

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

Well, if you don't want to use Bombardier's popular Dash-8s, you could always try using the ATR 42 and the ATR 72. I have flew them before here on Airline Empires, and they are a great alternative to the Dash-8. Sure, the ATR 72 isn't as fast as a Q400, and the best thing to compete against it in terms of range is the ATR 72-600, but in all do respect, the ATR 42 is a good plane in the 50 seat range, as it can fly farther than either the Q200 or Q300, depending on which series, and the ATR 72 is also a great plane too in the 70 to 80 seat range.

uddNEMA.jpg

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

The Q300 is fenomenal! My Q300s average age is 20 years, but I'll keep them till the end, I think, because I don't have any other replacement aircraft for them that fits my requirements. The An 24 was also an exceptional aircraft! I don't understand why do people prefer the Fokker F-27 Friendship, when the An 24 is better at everything except capacity (4 less seats :/ ). The Saab 2000 is another jewel in my fleet, but fortunately, I can replace it with the ATR 72-600 which is far better than the Q400 (not the next gen).

cian95

cian95

tupolev tu 154 is class

• 32 posts

an 24 all the way.its really just because i like soviet planes vbut it looks class

kyurem800

kyurem800

AE Player

• 55 posts

User's Awards

4    4   

The Q300 is fenomenal! My Q300s average age is 20 years, but I'll keep them till the end, I think, because I don't have any other replacement aircraft for them that fits my requirements. The An 24 was also an exceptional aircraft! I don't understand why do people prefer the Fokker F-27 Friendship, when the An 24 is better at everything except capacity (4 less seats :/ ). The Saab 2000 is another jewel in my fleet, but fortunately, I can replace it with the ATR 72-600 which is far better than the Q400 (not the next gen).

There is also the Bae ATP, although it does not have as much range as the Saab 2000 its a pretty good choice.

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

There is also the Bae ATP, although it does not have as much range as the Saab 2000 its a pretty good choice.

Nah, the ATP fits a completely different set of requirements. It goes well with busier commuter routes (has a higher capacity, but small range, and a mediocre cruising speed) while the 2000 is good for regional routes with lower demand, as it has smaller capacity, but good range, and a good cruising speed.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

I asked about planes smaller than ATR and Q300 or Q400 and most posts are about them or others that size or bigger... :D Just mentioned I had hundreds of those...

I suppose I wasn't clear enough, so again, planes with about 20-50 passengers capacity, what do you think, your experiences?

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

AN-28, Q-200

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

ATP or Q300

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

DusanGB

DusanGB

AE Player

• 56 posts

Go for Q300

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users