Photo

Use Aircraft Market - 0 Years old

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zaphod0

Zaphod0

• 5 posts

I've noticed that there are a huge number of used aircraft for sale on the Used marked that have an age of 0 years. Just curious if it's the case that these sell orders are created buy real players?

Is there money to be made in placing a buy order for a  large number of jets and profiting on the bulk savings by selling them on the used marked. Or are these orders created by the server/cpu/ai?

I've never seen the need to buy from new when I can instantly buy an aircraft considered used that's less then 1 year old and save a few million. 

CrusadingNinja

CrusadingNinja

AE Addict

• 37 posts

User's Awards

That could be either players buying aircraft and then selling it shortly afterwards because it is terribly inefficient and they can barely make any money off of it (such as the Tupolev Tu-104), 

Or it could be players buying new aircraft and then immediately selling it so they can have another airline operated by that same person in the same world buy the aircraft, gaining an advantage over others.

Or it could be the server putting aircraft on the used market, although I highly doubt this because I'm pretty sure the server always puts aircraft that are at least three years old.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I wouldn't depend on the used market.  There ain't any for the first year or two, when a world starts.  everyone sucks them up and is buying not selling.    Im not sure about making money.  Id imagine its more money to place them in service. 

But , yea when an airline closed its a bonanza sometimes if you can get them. 

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

I've noticed that there are a huge number of used aircraft for sale on the Used marked that have an age of 0 years. Just curious if it's the case that these sell orders are created buy real players?

Is there money to be made in placing a buy order for a  large number of jets and profiting on the bulk savings by selling them on the used marked. Or are these orders created by the server/cpu/ai?

I've never seen the need to buy from new when I can instantly buy an aircraft considered used that's less then 1 year old and save a few million. 

You can see to some extent details about what previous owner(s) did with each individual plane. As far as I can figure out, most new planes are sold because lease payment is not met when a company goes in debt (seized for non-payment), or players close an entire company (you can't see who was the previous owner).

Also, yes, inefficient planes that seem cool and attractive if you don't watch fuel consumption, so people sell them soon after losses.

Also, I often see ultra-long-haul planes on the market very quickly, I suppose that happens when someone thinks they're gonna get rich with ULR flights on 777-200LR or A340-500, and when it's not doing very well (since it can't go very well economically, IRL no-one uses anything near their max range today after SQ21 was shut down), they think it's the plane's fault and sell all of their 772LR and A345 that are otherwise not the most fuel-efficient, but they can make good money on shorter routes (not the first choice, but when you want to flood the market and have extra cash they are just fine to serve the purpose).

And I wouldn't say there's always a huge number of 0-1 yo a/c at the used market.

In some highly competitive worlds, like Rd at the middle of the game where I'm now, there are almost no almost-new planes on used market, they're sold very quickly (the newest I see just now is 4 years old).

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I close down my airlines recently. And all of them appear at the same time on the used markets. So yes, it's other airlines plane.

zakariae

zakariae

Qatar Airways CEO

• 127 posts

User's Awards

3    4    2      
Click on the aircrafts id number and itll show at the bottom a table. In that table it shows if airlines bought and sold it or if an airline lost the plane because couldnt make payment and it also tells u the plane value over time

Frostino18

Frostino18

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

Sometimes I terminate the lease or buy the aircraft then sell quite early. For example in S3 I have quite a few young B737-400 but I'm phasing them out quickly once I get enough 737-8 or A320s. My strategy is essentially just to grow as fast as possible within reason. Look often I have quite a big continous planned order book if the aircraft ain't making money one certain routes I'm either changing the aircraft or selling it. Thats why I never order A340s. Also planning to sell 747-400s soon only about 1 year old once enough 777-200/300s come in.

I don't often have to sell young aircraft since if its of a similar type of Aircraft I can just re schedule it. Defer or cancel some of the later orders.  I never order inflexible aircraft such as the 777-200LR or the A340-500s. I use to order the A380 but it isn't flexible compared to a 787 or A330/A350.  

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

The owner of these ac went bankrupt hence aft failed payments the ac got confiscated and perhapes went to the used market?

Mr PAG 

Albair

Albair

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

User's Awards

10    5    4      

Or maybe a school boy error... Once in S1 (1 hub/terminal limit) I leased 20 A340's and when the first one was delivered realised the runway at my home based was too short, so I had to terminate them all on the day they were delivered. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users